website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

not sure Burkina Faso is in that list? :mumble:

if they are, :BUR Fabrice Zango is the most likely to win a medal (athletics, men's triple jump)...

Oh, I forgot BUR, too. Although I predicted him for a bronze a few days ago, instead of Will Claye.

6 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

that;s interesting. You think they can win doubles together in Tokyo?

any Argentinian chances in doubles, what do you think?

I think it´s open, most top doubles players don´t play together with their countrywomen on tour, so they should be in the mix. There are a lot of single players who could go far, like Sabalenka/Azarenka or Barty/Stosur. 

Zeballos/González and Zeballos/Podoroska will be in the mix too. 

9 hours ago, Benolympique said:

I have high hopes in pavic rank.4 and mektić rank 8.in doubles who reform a new pair on tour,so they can preapare for tokyo,i think they will bi there 1.st favoriteus 

8 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Cool ... why should we care about random rumors? Why not just wait until there is an official decision? Also I doubt that the 2026 olympics will take Place in Los Angeles and i don’t think anyone can say today whether the 2024 and 2028 olympics will take place as planned. 

You are right.

New topic.

If Tokyo happens, and if you have a chance to be there, and if you are a milionaire and can buy every ticket you want, where would you be on particular days and why? Remember, you - usually - cannot be in 2 places in the same time. And you must have enough time to move from one location to another, using your beautiful limo ;-)

New topic just for fun, because:

1. Tokyo will likely happen in 2032 - I don't see more than 50/50 chances it wil happen this year.

2. We are not milionaires, aren't we?

3. Normally, before covid, it is relatively easy to get to the olympics, but to get tickets you want and to be in THE GOLDEN CIRCLE - well... that's a different story.

My early thoughts for first days. (Subject to change).

Day - 2 Wed 21/07/2021

9.00-17.00 SOFTBALL - Women Games, AUS vs JPN, ITA vs USA, MEX vs CAN - Fukushima Azuma Baseball Stadium

Because: 1. I never watched softball live before, 2. staging opening event of the entire games in Fukushima is very important for Japanese people because of obvious reasons, 3. I'm not really interested in women's football.

21.00-??? Party in Tokyo best places.

Day - 1 Thu 22/07/2021

???-13.00 Resting after yesterday's party in my hotel bed ;-)

17.00-22.00 FOOTBALL - Men's First Round - 2 Matches - Tokyo Stadium

Teams unknown yet, but I want to see the stadium

23.30-??? Party in Tokyo best places.

Day 0 Fri 23/07/2021

???-13.00 Sleeping

20.00-23.00 OPENING CEREMONY!!!

Because I love parade of nations. I really do. That is strange, I know that, but I really do.

Day 1 Sat 24/07/2021

???-18.15 CYCLING ROAD - Men's Road Race - I would like to be either at Fuji International Speedway or at Kagosaka Pass (14 km to go, probably the deciding moment)

Because I love road cycling very much (if it's not Katowice downhill sprint at Tour de Pologne) and road race is the blue ribbon event on day 1 for me

19.40-23.30, but maybe even later on - VOLLEYBALL - Men's Preliminary Round - POL vs IRI and USA vs FRA - Ariake Arena

Because M volleyball team would probably be the only POL team in team sports in Tokyo,

But - I am afraid even my limo may be not fast enough to get to Ariake Arena from road race route on time. But if they play 5 sets, I would watch the tie-break and then USA vs FRA

Day 2 Sun 25/07/2021

10.30-12.20 SWIMMING - Tokyo Aquatics Centre -

• Men's 400m Individual Medley Final
  • Women's 100m Butterfly Semifinals
  • Men's 400m Freestyle Final
  • Men's 400m Individual Medley Victory Ceremony
  • Women's 400m Individual Medley Final
  • Men's 400m Freestyle Victory Ceremony
  • Men's 100m Breaststroke Semifinals
  • Women's 4 x 100m Freestyle Relay Final
  • Women's 400m Individual Medley Victory Ceremony
  • Women's 4 x 100m Freestyle Relay Victory Ceremony

Because THIS IS SWIMMING!!! First finals. Cannot be missed.

???-??? Some decent Japanese streetfood

17.00-19.40 JUDO - Nippon Budokan

• Women -52 kg Repechage
  • Women -52 kg Semifinals
  • Men -66 kg Repechage
  • Men -66 kg Semifinals
  • Women -52 kg Contests for Bronze Medal
  • Women -52 kg Final
  • Men -66 kg Contests for Bronze Medal
  • Men -66 kg Final
  • Women -52 kg Victory Ceremony
  • Men -66 kg Victory Ceremony

Because watching judo finals in Tokyo would be sth special, even if no POL medal contenders

21.00-23.00 BASKETBALL - Men's Preliminary Round - Saitama Super Arena

Teams unknown yet, rather not USA at this hour, because it is bad for NBC scheduling, USA will rather play before noon Japanese Time.

But, man, this is men's basketball at the olympics. Maybe I will see Greece or Lithuania here ;-)

But problems again - will it be enough time to move from Nippon Budokan to Saitama? And there will be only one match here.

Nobody will read this sh*t probably, I know, but if you want to join my fav thread again, you're welcome.

Stay healthy!

1 minute ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I don't agree even a bit. 

I think Tokyo may not be organized this year due to safety and health reasons, (although  I really would like it to happen myself) - and then, Tokyo should be awarded 2032 summer games without biding competition, if Japan would like to hold it in 2032. That is obviously my personal opinion and some of you may not agree, it;s alright for me.