website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

21 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I will maybe post my full „analysis“ later, but here are my biggest „problems“ with your predictions:

Men:

100 breast: A medal for Prigoda seems extremely unlikely. I think Chupkov will win gold and then the other medals will be between the two Japanese guys, the two Australian guys and maybe Kamminga.

I haven't predicted Kirill Prigoda will medal in 100 breast, either.

So you made a mistake here.

7 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think your rankings are wrong, for example you forgot Hayang (who could be a dark horse alongside Foster). Also I don’t think that Scott (or Dean) will swim the 400 IM, but who knows ...

One more thing. 

This last ranking is not wrong. Because it is maths only. 

The swimmers are ranked by their best LC times achieved in the qualifying period. 

This is not my ranking for medal predictions. 

This is some data to begin with, and then use it to make the most accurate prediction for summer.

So Seto, Litherland and Litchfield have 3 best OQT so far. And if they participate, they will swim in lane 4 in their respective heats. If someone does not get better time until the end of quali period. 

But my medal prediction for M 400 IM is still 1. Seto 2. Hagino 3. Papastamos. 

Although your tip with Borodin is very interesting. So I will reconsider the bronze medal option.

8 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

I haven't predicted Kirill Prigoda will medal in 100 breast, either.

So you made a mistake here.

I meant your 200 breast prediction obviously. I think in the 100 breast he might have a better chance than in the 200 breast.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

25 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

One more thing. 

This last ranking is not wrong. Because it is maths only. 

The swimmers are ranked by their best LC times achieved in the qualifying period. 

This is not my ranking for medal predictions. 

This is some data to begin with, and then use it to make the most accurate prediction for summer.

So Seto, Litherland and Litchfield have 3 best OQT so far. And if they participate, they will swim in lane 4 in their respective heats. If someone does not get better time until the end of quali period. 

But my medal prediction for M 400 IM is still 1. Seto 2. Hagino 3. Papastamos. 

Although your tip with Borodin is very interesting. So I will reconsider the bronze medal option.

FINA Rankings are usually garbage, they miss tons of results. Hayang swam 4:10 during the qualification period. I think Swimswam has better rankings.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

38 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I think Iga Świątek will medal either in singles or in mixed doubles with Łukasz Kubot ;-) I strongly believe it.

But it will be hard because clay suits her better. And there will be hard courts in Tokyo.

But Paris 2024 at Roland Garros - that may be her biggest chance for gold in singles.