website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

3 minutes ago, rybak said:

It's correct now :lol: 

That would be great, but nah....

This is national sport in LTU, they will be so motivated in this tournament, PL chances are very slim here. I think PL will beat Angola in the group stage but we may lose to Slovenia. And that means we will play against Lithuania in the semis already.

But - AGAIN - I HOPE I am WRONG here ;-))))))))))

What do you think about PL M 3x3 team? Will they qualify?

11 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The team has great guards but 0 presence in the paint because we have only one good tall guy, so if they aren't scoring 3s like crazy we can't beat any elite team.

That's why I said "depends on the day". 

OK. But You still made it to the final in China, so you are defenitely a contender here.

I personally think ARG will be in the QF obviously, but will lose to USA / Spain / Greece / Australia. We will see.

And what do you think about ARG M volleyball team chances?

We think our volleyball team is very good, but we had very difficult matches against ARG in the past. You won few of them.

We underperform in the olympics, PL won wch twice recently, but we lost 4 olympic QFs in a row so... we can meet POL vs ARG in the QFs in Tokyo but you should beat at least one team from BRA, USA, RUS, FRA first, so it may be difiicult.

8 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

That would be great, but nah....

This is national sport in LTU, they will be so motivated in this tournament, PL chances are very slim here. I think PL will beat Angola in the group stage but we may lose to Slovenia. And that means we will play against Lithuania in the semis already.

But - AGAIN - I HOPE I am WRONG here ;-))))))))))

What do you think about PL M 3x3 team? Will they qualify?

We have some chances if some important players will be missed in both sides, also Slovenia without Dončić (I don't believe that NBA will let him to play on this tournament) will be less dangerous team. Additionaly if covid still will be problem and matches will be played without audience our chances can increase as well.

I believe that we will qualify in 3x3, if not from first tournament, then from second we have huge chances if other better teams will qualify earlier.

Just now, rybak said:

We have some chances if some important players will be missed in both sides, also Slovenia without Dončić (I don't believe that NBA will let him to play on this tournament) will be less dangerous team. Additionaly if covid still will be problem and matches will be played with audience our chances can increase as well.

I believe that we will qualify in 3x3, if not from first tournament, then from second we have huge chances if other better teams will qualify earlier.

You have a very strong belief in Polish sportsmen, I can see. But that's good. I hope you are right.

Who will get gold for Poland in Tokyo (besides Włodarczyk), what do you think?

3 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

OK. But You still made it to the final in China, so you are defenitely a contender here.

I personally think ARG will be in the QF obviously, but will lose to USA / Spain / Greece / Australia. We will see.

And what do you think about ARG M volleyball team chances?

We think our volleyball team is very good, but we had very difficult matches against ARG in the past. You won few of them.

We underperform in the olympics, PL won wch twice recently, but we lost 4 olympic QFs in a row so... we can meet POL vs ARG in the QFs in Tokyo but you should beat at least one team from BRA, USA, RUS, FRA, so it may be difiicult.

I'm sure they will beat at least one big team, because they always do that. But I don't know what else.

32 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

@EupenM who is the biggest French medal contenders in Tokyo, what do you think?

I hope both handball tournament(especially girls). And I want to see our girls in basketball with medals. After OQT, I really believed that we can win gold with Johannes, Gruda, Hartley and etc...

11 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

You have a very strong belief in Polish sportsmen, I can see. But that's good. I hope you are right.

Who will get gold for Poland in Tokyo (besides Włodarczyk), what do you think?

No idea at this moment. But I believe for at least one gold in rowing, maybe finally we will break our curse and will have gold in canoeing. But all depends of who will represent us, covid issues and actuall form at the day.

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

No idea at this moment. But I believe for at least one gold in rowing, maybe finally we will break our curse and will have gold in canoeing. But all depends of who will represent us, covid issues and actuall form at the day.

I also hope that your volleyball team will be on the podium. They deserve it. Leon must help!

@LDOG winning over one big team may actually be not enough to get to QFs.

This is a very strong group, besides Tunisia, everyone can win against everyone.

So in the end it may look like that, there will be many teams with 3 wins and 2 loses.

Very interesting group.

Our group is weaker. But that means that - no-matter-what - we will have a very strong opponent in QF. I hope I will not see 5th loss in QFs in a row. That would be really too much.

And what are the biggest ARG medal chances in individual sports in your opinion? Paula Pareto again? Or someone else? Any dark horses?

5 minutes ago, EupenM said:

I hope both handball tournament(especially girls). And I want to see our girls in basketball with medals. After OQT, I really believed that we can win gold with Johannes, Gruda, Hartley and etc...

Ok. I think there will be 2 handball medals for France, too.

And biggest French medal chances in individual sports?