website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

11 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Cape Town, not Capetown. OK, I'll remember that! In Polish it's Kapsztad.

Do you really think that Madrid (Spain) is among the poor ones and Budapest (Hungary) is not??? Hmm...

Anyway, New York and Budapest would be my no. 4 and 5 proposals for hosting the games.

And I wonder what would you watch on day 14 from German and international perspective?

In german it’s „Kapstadt“.

Hungary is both too poor and too small to host the Olympics, Spain is only too poor (in the sense of „Spain can’t afford to host the Olympics if we‘re being honest“). In my opinion only very few countries should be allowed to host the Olympics (given the insane costs of hosting them):

Summer: USA, GB, China, Japan, France, Germany, South Korea, maybe Netherlands, Australia, Canada

Winter: Norway, Sweden, USA, China, Japan, France, Germany, South Korea, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, maybe Russia

On day 14 I would watch:
Beach volleyball women‘s medal match (if a German team is involved), hockey women’s medal Match (if Germany is involved), table tennis men’s medal match (if Germany is involved), track cycling women’s sprint, athletics women’s javelin throw & women‘s 4x100 m relay & women‘s 1500 m (if a german athlete is involved), equestrian jumping team qualifier

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Day 15 SuperHiperSaturday

I would like to watch so many things. This is much too much to watch in one day. There were some less entertaining days before but this Saturday really a lot would be going on at the same time. Impossible to see it all live as it would happen. I would have to make my priorities and watch some replays later. 

Anyway, things to do are:

M volleyball final - i hope it would be Poland vs USA. And i hope it would be a really good match. 

Athletics - firstly W marathon (i wish they could move it back to Tokyo) 

And The whole evening session. Big chance for a medal for Poland in W 4x400. W High jump (Lasitskene vs Ukrainians vs Kamila Lićwinko). M 1500 (with Marcin Lewandowski?). And all the other events.

Last Canoeing finals. W K4 500 is a Chance for a medal for PL, too. In M C1 1000 Tomasz Kaczor was 2nd in Wch 2019 but if the Games would be in 2020 he would miss it due to injury. But he should be ready for 2021. I would watch W C2 500 and M K4 500 as well, but I really think M K4 1000 would be much more interesting. 

Basketball M final. Is it the first time in the Olympics when a M Gold medal Match would be played before the bronze medal game? 

Handball M final 

Equestrian jumping team final 

Football M final 

Beach volleyball M final

Diving M 10m platform final 

And in spare time I would support one of my favourite athletes these days in her ind. All-around final in rhythmic gymnastics - Linoy Ashram of Israel 

21 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

(can sb explain to me why they got rid of M K4 1000 and there is M K4 500 instead? This is such a stupid decision. K4 1000 was the best event, full of tactics. And M K4 500 is much less entertaing, this race is just too short).

Absolutely. This was a very bad decision. Both K4-1000m and Canoe Slalom C2 were literally the best events of both sports !!! and both had to be sacrified becaise of that Bach´s gender equality bullshit fetish... (and both events are now replaced by literally the biggest jokes events of both sports)

and after Tokyo the same will happen to 50km Race walk

no words ...

Day 15: Madison men with one of my favourite athletes, weirdo Jan Willem van Schip, together with Youri Havik. Small chance they medal, but nothing is impossible. Team jumping final also on my list. Our best rider Jeroen Dubbeldam (Olympic champion 2000) just has a new horse, Oak Groves Carlyle. Maybe he and the other team members can surprise the favourites USA, Sweden, Germany, France and Belgium. 

Also a lot of finals, a very nice day to watch. Please enjoy, tomorrow it's over :-(

So close to the end :( 

- Athletics - 4x400m relays at first place of course, later Men's Javelin and 1500m and Women's High Jump, after that Women's Marathon and 10000m (why are they at the same day?! it's almost so stupid as making two men's race walking day by day, oh wait...)

- Basketball - men's final is most important for me but I would try to watch bronze medal match also

- Beach Volleyball - men's medal matches

- Boxing - four finals, especially Men's Fly (I think lower weights are more interesting)

- Canoe Sprint - Women's K4 and Men's C1 1000m are most important because of Poles

- Track Cycling - Men's Keirin and Madison of course, Women's Sprint not so much

- Equestrian - Jumping Team final

- Football - men's final

- Handball - men's medal matches

- Modern Pentathlon - men's competition

- Volleyball - men's medal matches

- Water Polo - women's medal matches

- Wrestling - last day of competition

9 godzin temu, rafalgorka napisał:

M volleyball final - i hope it would be Poland vs USA. And i hope it would be a really good match.

This is the last opponent I would like to play with in the final. Our guys definitely can't play with Americans or maybe I should say that this is the opponent they have always biggest problems with. I would like even Russia which matches with are always very emotional. I would like anyone really, just not USA ;) 

Day #15..."it's the final countdown" (cit.) :whistle: :(

as usual, this is the real super-Saturday, where basically everything on the schedule shouldn't be missed...

but since there's no chance to get everything live as it happens, we have to make a priority list...

and at the top of my personal list we have for sure the last Wrestling and Karate finals, followed by Track Cycling (men's Madison), Athletics (especially the women's High Jump, hoping for a stellar duel between Lasitskene, Mahuchikh, Cunningham and who knows? maybe some more surprising jumpers) and possible finals of Team Sports with Italian participation (hopefully at least a couple among Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Waterpolo)...

also high on my list are women's Golf last round, the last Canoeing finals, men's Modern Pentathlon and the remaining Team Sports, even with no Italy involved (especially Baseball and men's Handball Gold Medal matches)...

I may be offline next few days. So here is what I would like to watch on day 16 Sunday. 

M marathon (move it back to Tokyo, please!) 

Last boxing finals

M keirin final 

W handball final - no medals for Poland on Sunday I'm afraid So i hope i could support team NED here ? 

And then closing ceremony 

And then day 17 Monday. 

On Monday i would be sleeping a lot ?