website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

6 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Off- Topic

If you could choose a city who could host Summer Olympics in future, what would it be? 

But you can choose only a City which hasn't been a host yet. 

For me: CAPETOWN is my first choice. 

Then Warsaw and Boston. 

take it for what it is...just fun...

I have no doubt...my beloved Milan:cheer:

and actually, I already have a detailed plan to host a very sustainable edition of the Games (with more athletes and less officials than the current numbers) in my birthplace...

unfortunately, I have no money nor "connections" good enough to put this thing in place, but I'm sure that it would work and it would be lovely, more than some of the Games we already saw in the recent past...:pope: :whistle:

Looks like tomorrow is the day for both the women's football and field hockey finals, I hope we get to see Dutch teams in both of those! And then there's track cycling and athletics for the rest of the day and hopefully a semifinal in handball too. With some beach volleyball and sports climbing sprinkled in out of interest moreso than Dutch contenders.

Again day full of attractions:

- Athletics - 50km Race Walking that's biggest for me (probably for the last time :( ), except that Men's 4x400m heats, Women's Race Walking, Women's Javelin nad 400m

- Basketball - women's SF

- Beach Volleyball - women's medal matches

- Boxing - only five fights but still...

- Canoe Sprint - especially Men's C1 1000m and both fours

- Track Cycling - Women's Madison looks most interesting, except that finals of Men's Sprint and first day of Women's Sprint

- Football - women's final

- Handball - women's SF

- Field Hockey - women's medal matches

- Modern Pentathlon - women's competition

- Sport Climbing - Women's Combined final (maybe with Ola Miroslaw, who knows?)

- Table Tennis - Men's Team final

- Volleyball - women's SF

- Water Polo - men's SF

- Wrestling - another day of freestyle

Day 14 events to watch for me are athletics, beach volleyball, modern pentathlon, sport climbing, table tennis & a lot of team sports. Also, maybe boxing, cycling track & karate

Hockey finals today, but above all the 4x100 relays!

And from a Dutch point of view the Madison at Track Cycling. Kirsten Wild and Amy Pieters became world champion this year, but both are of a respectable age already. I'm afraid 2021 will come too late for them. Wild thought she was already retired by now ...

Friday Day 14

I would defenitely watch athletics - whole evening session is very interesting for me. W 1500 (with Sofia Ennaoui?), W Javelin (Maria Andrejczyk?) and 4x100 relays above all.

Beach Volleyball W final

Boxing M Heavyweight final

W football final

W handball semis

Some track cycling, sports climbing and canoeing (can sb explain to me why they got rid of M K4 1000 and there is M K4 500 instead? This is such a stupid decision. K4 1000 was the best event, full of tactics. And M K4 500 is much less entertaing, this race is just too short).

14 godzin temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

My list (cities excluded that have already hosted the games or were selected to host them) (no order):

Shanghai

Osaka

New York

Toronto

There are a lot of other beautiful cities that could host them, but their countries are too small (Budapest, Vienna, Singapore) and/or too poor (Cape Town, Johannesburg, Marrakesh, Casablanca, Rabat, Lima, Sao Paulo, Bogota, Santiago, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Istanbul). Saint Petersburg can’t/shouldn’t host them thanks to the ban on Russia.

Cape Town, not Capetown. OK, I'll remember that! In Polish it's Kapsztad.

Do you really think that Madrid (Spain) is among the poor ones and Budapest (Hungary) is not??? Hmm...

Anyway, New York and Budapest would be my no. 4 and 5 proposals for hosting the games.

And I wonder what would you watch on day 14 from German and international perspective?

day #14...slowly coming towards the end...

so, my "Olympic depression" would normally be at its climax, entering the final weekend...

however, my "top event(s) of the day" are surely Wrestling (the great day of Frank Chamizo...will he finally become Olympic Champion?) and Karate (the great day of Luigi Busà...such a career can't finish without an Olympic Gold medal, he truly deserves it)...

also not to be missed: women's Beach Volley and women's Field Hockey Gold Medal matches, Athletics (the whole program, especially the men's 50km and the women's 20km Race Walk), Track Cycling (women's Madison above all), Sport Climbing's last event of the Games, Table Tennis (men's Team event Gold medal match), women's Modern Pentathlon and men's Waterpolo semifinals...

then, in the third row, all the remaining sports in the schedule...

3 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Friday Day 14

I would defenitely watch athletics - whole evening session is very interesting for me. W 1500 (with Sofia Ennaoui?), W Javelin (Maria Andrejczyk?) and 4x100 relays above all.

Beach Volleyball W final

Boxing M Heavyweight final

W football final

W handball semis

Some track cycling, sports climbing and canoeing (can sb explain to me why they got rid of M K4 1000 and there is M K4 500 instead? This is such a stupid decision. K4 1000 was the best event, full of tactics. And M K4 500 is much less entertaing, this race is just too short).

"Too be more urban"