website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

32 minuty temu, rafalgorka napisał:

He will not repeat the same mistake for the third time.

It wasn't mistakes, it was his psyche. At least in Rio it was because he had in his head what he did in London. And now he'll have there what he did in both London and Rio. It'll be a huge pression and I'm not totally sure that he can manage that. WCh is a different thing, it's his home but Olympics? I think Wlodarczyk is bigger favourite for gold than Fajdek. It's ironic cause she has some rivals who can defeat her, especially that she's after ijnury. Fajdek can lose only with himself but it's a very dangerous opponent. Someone ones told me that Fajdek will never get an olympic medal. It was after Moscow or Beijing WCh, I don't remember. I do remember however that I laughed in his face back then. And after that came Rio and now I'm not so sure that he was wrong. But I hope he was.

day #12, I guess...

obviously, today it's only about one word, one sport, my "reason of life"...Artistic Swimming! :yikes: :rofl: :lol: :hairpull: 

I'm joking, of course...:raspberry: :roflmao:

being a bit more serious (but only a bit), my main events of the day will be for sure Track Cycling (men's Team pursuit and women's Keirin), Open Water Swimming (women's race), today's Wrestling finals and Athletics (all of today's program)...

then, the remaining finals (the last Sailing events and the Equestrian Individual Jumping above all) and a good team sports wrap up, especially my beloved Waterpolo, Field Hockey, Baseball and Handball (as they are all in the hot stages now)...

Day 13 events to watch for me is athletics, beach volleyball, canoe sprint, the debut of Karate, marathon swimming, skateboarding, sport climbing, table tennis & a lot of team sports. Also, maybe boxing, cycling track, diving or wrestling

Day 13 Thursday 

Today I would watch volleyball semis above all. Hopefully Poland will make it to the final for the first time since 1976 

I would like to watch basketball and handball semis as well 

And athletics, as always. M 110 hurdles, M 400 and M triple jump finals would be most interesting for me. In M shot put final we could see Michał Haratyk, I hope. 

Canoeing finals - maybe we would see Poland in Women's C1 200 and K1 500 finals 

Beach volleyball semis 

Diving Women's platform final 

Some track cycling, sports climbing and open water swimming - But there would be a lot of schedulling collisions

Day #13...one of the busiest of the whole Games for my personal taste...

absolutely not to be missed: Atheltics (especially the morning program and the men's 20km Race Walk), the Olympic debut of Karate (medals incoming for Italy...I expect a 3 out of 3 in this day), Open Water Swimming (the men's race, with the epic fight between super-Greg Paltrinieri and his German nemesis, Florian Wellbrock), Track Cycling (with the finals of women's Keirin and above all, Elia Viviani defending his men's Omnium Gold medal from Rio), Sprint Canoeing (above all, the men's K1 200m and the men's K2 1000m, the 2 best events for Italy -even if I don't think any medal will come from this sport, unfortunately), Sport Climbing (the men's Final, the first ever title awarded at the Olympics in this sport), Wrestling (today's finals of course, but especially the men's FS -74kg prelims with the great Frank Chamizo) and finally, the men's Field Hockey Medal matches...

and there are also a few more events that I also would like to watch (more Team Sports, the Table Tennis women's team event medal matches, the men's Sakateboarding Park event, the women's Golf tournament), but I fear I have to recover later,as I think I'm already gonna get mad with the "not to be missed" things...

this is one of those typical days where I need at least 3 tv screens working at the same time (and I'd need 6 eyes, too)...:yikes: :facepalm:

For me in day 12th most important would be:

- Athletics - Men's Shot Put final (I'm really curious if it will be at the same level as in Doha), Men's Hurdles, Men's Race Walking, Men's 400m, end of Decathlon and Women's 4x400m heats (did I mention that I love 4x400m relays?)

- Beskatball - men's SF

- Boxing - another final and some semis

- Canoe Sprint - especially Women's C1 200m and K1 500m because of Polish girls

- Track Cycling - really interesting day Women's Omnium and Keirin and also Men's Sprint but only because of Mateusz Rudyk, to be honest individual sprint is probably most boring event on track ;) 

- Handball - men's SF

- Field Hockey - men's medal matches

- Open Water Swimming - Men's 10km

- Modern Pentathlon - I truly love this sport so even Fencing Ranking Round is something I would follow even if TV broadcast is poor

- Sport Climbing - I really don't like Combined very much but Sport Climbing itself I loved moment I saw it first time at YOG in Buenos Aires so I would definitely watch final

- Table Tennis - final of Women's Team

- Volleyball - men's SF (hope with Poland but I would watch even without our team)

- Water Polo - women's SF

- Wrestling - Men's and Women's Freestyle finals

Damn, it's really busy day :lol:

Today marathon swimming for men. Very curious if Ferry Weertman can retain his Olympic title from Rio.

And of course men's sprint finals. Rudyk, Hoogland or Lavreysen? I guess Kenny.

Only a few days to go. It drives me crazy it's almost over again :d

1 godzinę temu, Col_Frost napisał:

And Women's 4x400m heats (did I mention that I love 4x400m relays?)

Yes, I forgot that. Because of this new Mixed relay, 400m ind. finalists will have less time to rest before the relay heats. Like it was in Doha. So I hope 1 or 2 Polish runners will be in ind. Final. But on the other hand, I am worried that this would be too much running for them in so few days. Anyway, it worked well in Doha. Maybe in Tokyo it would work just fine, too. 

Let's hope they won't get the outside lane in the heats. I don't want to see Sydney-like stumble again. In the final they should get one of the middle lanes, anyway. 

Off- Topic

If you could choose a city who could host Summer Olympics in future, what would it be? 

But you can choose only a City which hasn't been a host yet. 

For me: CAPETOWN is my first choice. 

Then Warsaw and Boston.