website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

1 godzinę temu, rafalgorka napisał:

But it won't be an easy task, because we would probably play against USA, Brazil, France or Russia

Well if we want to fight for medal we have to win with this kind of teams. And to be honest if our guys won't get any I probably prefer that they loose in QF than in bronze medal match. I was really dissapointed when our handball team lost with Iceland in Beijing but it was nothing compare to their lost in Rio with Denmark. And we was bigger favourite in 2008 than in 2016.

And first canoe sprint finals - Poland had many olympics medals in canoeing, but - it's hard to believe for me - we don't have one single gold yet. Would it happen in Tokyo eventually?

Not likely, I'm affraid ;) Our biggest chance for gold in this century was Piotr Siemionowski and we all remember how it ended. And despite the fact that we have very talented girls and there is also Tomasz Kaczor, none of them is on position of Siemionowski before London.

58 minut temu, rafalgorka napisał:

No volleyball? Why?

That's only quarterfinals ;) Of course I will be watching matches, especially the one with our team but finals are more important to me.

day #11

event of the day to me is Sailing, Nacra 17 Medal Race because of possible Italian success...

then, also not to be missed are: Track Cycling (especially women's Team Pursuit), Athletics (all of today's program, but the men's 400m HS final is my highlight for sure), Flatwater Canoeing (the first finals of the Games for this sport) and finally I have a dream, an Italian medal in Wrestling (GR -97kg, Nikoloz Kakhelashvili)...

last but not least, Sport Climbing's Olympic debut and the many "win or go home" matches in Team Sports (Waterpolo, Baseball, Field Hockey and Handball above all)...

17 uur geleden, Jinzha zei:

Day 11 is could be a special day for the Netherlands with medal chances in track cycling (men's sprint) and gymnastics (men's horizontal bar, women's balance beam) and in a best case scenario in athletics (women's 200m). I don't exactly expect Sanne Wevers and Dafne Schippers guaranteed medals, but you know I can always hope :)

And then there's water polo quarter finals, field hockey semifinals and beach volleyball quarter finals.

If the Dutch contenders don't provide enough content, there is still sports climbing, men's volleyball quarters and the rest of the track cycling, athletics and gymnastics programs to watch.

For most people Van den Berg, Lavreysen and Hoogland will be the favourites in the men's teamsprint, but for me is pretty clear that GB will win. They always win when it comes to it. Surely GB will have the best bikes and will win almost all track-competitions. 

Gymnastics: normally this would be the farewell exercise of Epke Zonderland (when he qualifies). Another Dutch Bart Deurloo also has chances to make it to the final. At the women's beam I don't really expect reigning Olympic champion Sanne Wevers. Her father and trainer is accused of mistreatment by the Dutch federation and not longer entitled to train with his daughter. Besides there are other good gymnasts that can qualify for the Olympics, like Sanna Veerman (uneven bars), Eythora Thorsdottir (beam/floor), Tisha Volleman (floor/vault) and Naomi Visser (all around). I would choose these four. 

Day 11 also the day of the hockey semifinals with the Dutch women for sure and hopefully the men as well. I'm not a big fan of their coach, Max Caldas. And of course athletics: that's a party every day :-) 

Day 12 would be filled with athletics, baseball, beach volleyball, equestrian, marathon swimming, sailing medal races, park skateboarding, sport climbing, maybe boxing, cycling track, weightlifting, wrestling & team sports

- Athletics - Men's Hammer and Men's 800m would be most interesting for me, also Women's 3000m Steeple and first day of Decathlon

- Boxing - another final and some semifinals

- Track Cycling - Men's Team Pursuit final and Men's Sprint which is the biggest and probably the only one chance for a medal for Poland

- Equestrian - Jumping final

- Open Water Swimming - Women's 10km

- Sailing - 470 medal races

- Wrestling - last day of Greco-Roman finals and some Women's and Freestyle competitions

Day 12 Wednesday

Today I would watch:

- athletics - M Hammer throw final with Paweł Fajdek as probably biggest chance for Gold for Poland in Tokyo, M 800 final hopefully with Adam Kszczot, W 400 hurdles final with Dalilah Muhammad and Sydney Mclaughlin both in form to beat WR, W 400 semis - who will be faster - Justyna Święty-Ersetic or Lisanne de Witte?, M 110 hurdles powerful semis

- equestrian ind. jumping final - But it's coliding with athletics - what an awful scheduling here 

- cycling track men's sprint - some Polish-Dutch rivalry is possible here 

- Women's handball quarterfinals - with no Polish team, but I would cheer the Netherlands and France on

- beach volleyball men's QFs - maybe a Polish pair will be here 

- Sky Brown in skateboarding

- and last 2kms in open water W swim 

PS. And I hope there would be a medal for Lebanon - whatever event. 

M Hammer throw final with Paweł Fajdek as probably biggest chance for Gold for Poland in Tokyo

Will he? Will he really be in a final? :p

Cytat

More likely Polish-Japanesse for bronze and two Dutchmen in final

8 uur geleden, rafalgorka zei:

- Women's handball quarterfinals - with no Polish team, but I would cheer the Netherlands and France on

Indeed, today's the start of men's sprinting: will be interesting to see what Mateusz Rudyk can do. He is very talented and one of the biggest threats for Lavreysen. We'll see tomorrow in the finals!

Nice that you cheer for The Netherlands. Every support helps! You cannot have a bad day in the quarterfinals. By the way: there are some rumours that the best Dutch player in history, Nycke Groot, will return to the national team (because of Estavana Polman's injury). That would be great.

Today also reigning Olympic champion marathon swimming Sharon van Rouwendaal. I really like her. She always is so determined and committed. And beside that: she endures the freaks of het French coach Philipe Lucas. Now she has an shoulder injury (again), hopefully next year she can fight for a medal. 

Other highlights: men team pursuit, team jumping equestrian and hockey semis.