website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

3 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

OFF-TOPIC (Or maybe a new thread?). How long have you been watching the Olympics and what are your favourite olympic moments? 

Calgary 1988 - Tomba La Bomba

Seoul 1988 - Anthony Nesty beating Matt Biondi

Albertville 1992 - Duchesnay, Duchesnay 

Barcelona 1992 - Rafał Szukała - Silver in 100 Fly 

Lillehammer 1994 - Men's cross-country relay finish 

Atlanta 1996 - Artur Partyka monstrous High jump at 2.37m

Nagano 1998 - Hermann Maier - Fall and two golds 

Sydney 2000 - Lithuania Basketball team almost beating Americans 

Salt Lake City 2002 - Adam Małysz 2 medals. But no Gold sadly 

Athens 2004 - Otylia Jędrzejczak Gold in 200 Fly

Torino 2006 - Tomasz Sikora Silver in biathlon mass start 

Beijing 2008 - Sandra Izbasa floor routine in the ind. app. final 

Vancouver 2010 - Justyna Kowalczyk Gold in 30 km after this amazing finish 

London 2012 - Ruta Meilutyte Gold in 100 breaststroke after the American false start 

Sochi 2014 - Yulia Lipnitskaya free program in team event (Schindler's List) 

Rio 2016 - Rafał Majka chased by van Avermaet and Fulsang

PyeongChang 2018 - Noriaki Kasai Silver on large Hill 

Tokyo 2020 - Men's volleyball final with Team Poland (I'm joking :-))))) 

better make a new thread...

it could be fun and interesting at the same time...;)

I'm gonna answer to this question in the new thread...:p

52 minuty temu, rafalgorka napisał:

I don't know how I could make a new thread here. 

Well, you have to enter some section (for your thread Totallympics Mixed Zone would be probably the best) and then click "New Thread" or "New Topic" (I can't remember) in right-up corner (or if you have Polish language then it's "Nowy temat"). 

6 minut temu, Col_Frost napisał:

Well, you have to enter some section (for your thread Totallympics Mixed Zone would be probably the best) and then click "New Thread" or "New Topic" (I can't remember) in right-up corner (or if you have Polish language then it's "Nowy temat"). 

Done. 

Mixed Zone / Favourite olympic moments 

Day 10: highlight for me will be athletics, 200m women with Miller-Uibo, Fraser-Pryce, Thompson and Asher-Smith. And maybe, maybe, maybe Dafne Schippers. Hopefully she uses this extra year to find back her form of 2015-2017. 

Last prelims in women's handball competition today as well. 

Track cycling begins today. It will only become interesting for The Netherlands when their men's teamsprinters come in action. That's Tuesday.  

Day 11 I would watch gymnastics finals, athletics, beach volleyball, canoe sprint finals, diving, sailing medal races, debut of sport climbing, maybe USA basketball quarterfinal, boxing, cycling track and other team sports

- Artistic Gymnastics - last day of apparatus finals

- Athletics - Men's Pole Vault final, Duplantis vs Kendricks should one of the most interesting competitions of this Games. And of course Women's Hammer Throw final in which, I'm sure of it, Anita Wlodarczyk will win gold.

- Boxing - first finals

- Canoe Sprint - especially Women's K1 200m and K2 500m where I count for medals

- Track Cycling - Men's Team Sprint is always very spectaculary

- Sailing - Finn and Nacra medal races

- Wrestling - another Greco-Roman finals and of course women's competition

Day 11 is could be a special day for the Netherlands with medal chances in track cycling (men's sprint) and gymnastics (men's horizontal bar, women's balance beam) and in a best case scenario in athletics (women's 200m). I don't exactly expect Sanne Wevers and Dafne Schippers guaranteed medals, but you know I can always hope :)

And then there's water polo quarter finals, field hockey semifinals and beach volleyball quarter finals.

If the Dutch contenders don't provide enough content, there is still sports climbing, men's volleyball quarters and the rest of the track cycling, athletics and gymnastics programs to watch.

Day 11 Tuesday would be one of the most interesting days in Tokyo.

This is quarterfinals day in all of my 3 favourite men's team sports - volleyball, basketball and handball. Win or go home, they say.

In men's volleyball I hope Poland would finally make it to the semis, after 4 QF losts in a row in '4, '8, '12 and '16. But it won't be an easy task, because we would probably play against USA, Brazil, France or Russia (or maybe Argentina coached by Julio Velasco). With every one of these teams we played very tense and hard-won matches in the past. There were some easy wins, too. But there were some lost games. So it's hard to predict but I do believe Wilfredo Leon will make a difference here and we will be in the semis. If we would win a QF against Russia - that would be superfun for me.

I hope that there wouldn't be schedule collision - volleyball Poland game vs athletics, canoeing or gymnastics. That's not very probable though.

In basketball we still have a slim chance to advance to the olympics, but we would have to beat Lithuania in Lithuania to do it. We won against China in China in wch 2019, but that would be much more difficult task. So these olympics QF would be rather without us, but still decent games to follow. Can anybody surprise USA here?

In handball there would be no Polish team in Tokyo. The superfast decline from 4th place in Rio to going to the next world champs only by getting wild card is very devastating for me. Anyway, there will be some tense matches with very fierced endings - that's what I like the most.

Then athletics obviously.

M 400 hurdles - Karsten Warholm WR? It may be one of the most memorable events of the whole games.

M Pole Vault - Mondo Duplantis WR? I hope it will be an amazing event - maybe all 3 medalists will jump 6.00 m at least, and Piotr Lisek among them

W 800m final - a very open race if Caster Semenya really isn't there

and W hammer throw final - I think Anita Włodarczyk will decide to come to Tokyo only when she would feel that she's capable of 3rd straight gold. I hope she will but I'm afraid it will be very difficult. Be careful of US throwers here.

Then last gymnastics finals with my favourite events - beam and horizontal bar.

And first canoe sprint finals - Poland had many olympics medals in canoeing, but - it's hard to believe for me - we don't have one single gold yet. Would it happen in Tokyo eventually? Who knows. But on Tuesday there could be 2 medals in women's K1 200m and K2 500m.

And finally - women's beach volleyball quarters and men's football semis.

Wow, that's a lot to follow in one day.

51 minut temu, Col_Frost napisał:

- Artistic Gymnastics - last day of apparatus finals

- Athletics - Men's Pole Vault final, Duplantis vs Kendricks should one of the most interesting competitions of this Games. And of course Women's Hammer Throw final in which, I'm sure of it, Anita Wlodarczyk will win gold.

- Boxing - first finals

- Canoe Sprint - especially Women's K1 200m and K2 500m where I count for medals

- Track Cycling - Men's Team Sprint is always very spectaculary

- Sailing - Finn and Nacra medal races

- Wrestling - another Greco-Roman finals and of course women's competition

No volleyball? Why?