website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

1 hour ago, CCB said:

Just saw this video on the ARD-site: https://www.sportschau.de/weitere/olympia/video-hoffnung-auf-olympia--beim-doppelvierer-der-maenner-100.html 

Looks like the German Quadrupples are always good when it comes to it. We have to wait for 364 more days till we know the result :-) 

Hopefully ... (the olympics will take place). At least this time Germany isn‘t as dependant on those two boats to bring home medals, the men‘s eight, the men‘s lightweight double sculls and Oliver Zeidler in the men’s single sculls are all in a good position to medal. Sadly Germany is very bad at translating U20/U23 results to the senior level.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

What is everyone looking forward to on day 6?

I am excited for women’s all around final, cycling BMX, women’s team foil fencing, rowing finals, swimming finals, table tennis women’s singles final & tennis.

Normally I would say Canoe Slalom but women's C1 still doesn't convince me. I'm sure in future that'll change but today this competition is too young for olympics and little bit amateurish. So rowing would be most interesting for me - four finals. After that trap, I love shotgun competitions and fencing because it's women's foil team which I have great memories with.

Day 6

Rowing finals, swimming finals, Women's C1 slalom and women 's artistic gymnastics individual all-around 

Besides that Basketball, tennis and beach volleyball 

No medals for Poland today I' m afraid 

And already waiting for athletics starting next day, checking out start lists, reading the news who' s in form and who's not

Since the Dutch Gymnastics Federation yesterday decided to discontinue the Olympic Sport Program (due to all the accusations), I suppose there won't be Dutch gymnasts in the all around final. I feel sorry for Eyhtora Thorsdottir and Naomi Visser, who were very likely to be in some finals. 

But today we also have rowing, beachvolleyball and the start of the BMX competitions, with Niek Kimmann as Dutch medal hope!

11 hours ago, bmo said:

What is everyone looking forward to on day 6?

I am excited for women’s all around final, cycling BMX, women’s team foil fencing, rowing finals, swimming finals, table tennis women’s singles final & tennis.

very busy day under Italian perspective (and my personal taste, too)...

surely, I can't miss Fencing (the Italian event "par excellence", Women's Team Foil), Swimming (men's 800m Free -with big medal hopes for us- and "the race", the men's 100m Free), Rowing (especially the men's LW Double sculls for Italy) and Shooting (M + W Trap, time to make our medal table richer and richer)...

after that, I also can't miss Judo and Slalom Canoeing because I like them so much...

then, there's so much more to watch (Table Tennis is also high on my personal list) that as usual 2/3 tv screens at the same time couldn't be enough...:rofl: :facepalm:

4 godziny temu, CCB napisał:

Since the Dutch Gymnastics Federation yesterday decided to discontinue the Olympic Sport Program (due to all the accusations), I suppose there won't be Dutch gymnasts in the all around final. I feel sorry for Eyhtora Thorsdottir and Naomi Visser, who were very likely to be in some finals. 

But today we also have rowing, beachvolleyball and the start of the BMX competitions, with Niek Kimmann as Dutch medal hope!

This is a very sad decision. I didn't know that. 

At least Epke Zonderland will be in HB final no-matter-what. 

1 godzinę temu, Rafoo napisał:

Huhh all eyes on rowing finals in men single sculs and men pair's,also trap final

Hopping for 3 medals this day

Trap is on Thursday Day 6

Single sculls are on Friday Day 7

So your Croatian party will last 2 days in a row :-)

2 uur geleden, rafalgorka zei:

This is a very sad decision. I didn't know that. 

At least Epke Zonderland will be in HB final no-matter-what. 

Well, only the Women's coaches are under investigation and only their Gymnastics Sport Program has stopped. So Epke can continue training. But unfortunately Epke has not qualified yet for the Olympics.