website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I was actually referring to the 2020 Asian Beach Games in November. That’s about all I have left to look forward to this year. However, it’s in a China, so my hopes are low.

It will take place as expected. The city was shut down for tourists so that it can host the games. Anyhow OCA has given green signal. 

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I was actually referring to the 2020 Asian Beach Games in November. That’s about all I have left to look forward to this year. However, it’s in a China, so my hopes are low.

If it's in China, my hopes would be significantly higher than basically anywhere else in the world.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 godzin temu, heywoodu napisał:

I like the idea, but think the best plan would be to do it on the original days and not start now? :p 

Yes, I totally agree with you. But I hope that in late July things will get sth close to normal in my job, and that means I will have to work twice as hard as usually (beacuse of all the delays and interruptions which are happening now) and I think I will not have time for discussing on totallympics.com ;-) Now I have more free time.

Edited by rafalgorka
mistake

23 minutes ago, Dragon said:

The star of this story is about as obscure an Olympian as you could possibly find, a Belgian coxswain who steered the Royal Club Nautique de Gand (Dutch Koninklijke Roeivereniging Club Gent) rowing eight in the Olympic Games of 1900 and 1908 by the name of Alfred Van Landeghem.

What's that 'Dutch' doing there in the name of a Belgian rowing club? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 25/03/2020 at 18:27, heywoodu said:

I like the idea, but think the best plan would be to do it on the original days and not start now? :p 

Until then, maybe we could simulate an all-time greats Olympics?

For example - Usain Bolt v Jesse Owens v Carl Lewis in the men's 100m?

George Foreman v Teofilio Stevenso, Felix Savon or Joe Frazier in heavyweight boxing?

Mark Spitz v Micheal Phelps in swimming?

Uruguay football of the 20s v Hungary of the 50s v Brazil 2016?

31 minutes ago, Dragon said:

George Foreman v Teofilio Stevenso, Felix Savon or Joe Frazier in heavyweight boxing?

Definitely Jesse Owens.

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Definitely the Hungarian "Aranycsápat" of the 50s. That some legendary football team :)