website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

Hey, olympic fans.

We could discuss, day after day, how the olympics would have lookood like if they were to happen in 2020 as planned.

That could be fun, a nice discussion, good for the hard times when there are no live sport on tv and we are all fighting with this virus,

It could look like this;

Let;s pretend this is day -2, July 22nd

What are your predictions for:

1/.  SOFTBALL - Women's tournament

Australia - Japan

Italy - United States

Mexico - Canada

and a general question considering sotball - do you think playing softball games(opening event for the whole olympics) in Fukushima is a good idea? Is it safe out there after the earthquake and damaged reactor? Would these games be a success to show the world that it is safe and clear over there?

2./ FOOTBALL - Women's tournament

The qualifications haven't finished yet.

What are your predictions for remaining spots?

I say CHINA will qualify with a win over Korea Republic

And CHILE will qualify with a win over Cameroon

I made a kind of draw for groups using FIFA ranking (and a rule that only one team from the same continental association in one group) and the first matches would be:

what are your predictions?

group A

Japan - New Zealand

Sweden - Canada

group B

United States - Great Britain

China - Chile

group C

Netherlands - Brazil

Australia - Zambia

and a general question considering football - will Megan Rapinoe be one of the greatest stars of the Tokyo Olympics? How will her postmatch look like? Any strong opinions from her and interesting statements?

and which player will score the most goals in opening matches?

Let's play the predictons games. It may be fun.

If you like it, I will prepare the questions for day 23th July later,

Greetings,

stay healthy, stay home!

Rafal

I like the idea, but think the best plan would be to do it on the original days and not start now? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

But people are bored now.

They are bored then as well :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

They are bored then as well :p 

Seriously, I’ve got nothing to look forward to until November now :wacko:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Seriously, I’ve got nothing to look forward to until November now :wacko:

I remember you are a reporter/journalist. What is a journalist without an historic archive and the chance of make advantage of it? :yes

1 hour ago, AlFHg said:

I remember you are a reporter/journalist. What is a journalist without an historic archive and the chance of make advantage of it? :yes

I have archives up the wazoo. What do you want? Replays, Results, Pictures, Pictograms, Competition Schedules, Media Guides, Shirts, Broadcast Schedules, Pins, etc.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, AlFHg said:

I was actually referring to the 2020 Asian Beach Games in November. That’s about all I have left to look forward to this year. However, it’s in a China, so my hopes are low.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I have archives up the wazoo. What do you want? Replays, Results, Pictures, Pictograms, Competition Schedules, Media Guides, Shirts, Broadcast Schedules, Pins, etc.

I mean: you could focus on writing “historical reviews”, for example day by day or sport by sport, just to keep trained

36 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I mean: you could focus on writing “historical reviews”, for example day by day or sport by sport, just to keep trained

Ah, not quite my thing (yet). However, I have a feeling that if we ask nicely, @Dragon may grace us with a few.