website statistics

[POLL] Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?

Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled, postponed or held at any cost?

• The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be held from July 24th to August 9th 2020 at any cost
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be postponed to 2021
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be postponed to 2022
    • The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games should be definitively cancelled

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

I think postponing to 2021 (or even 2022) is the only solution. Postponing to October or later, how it is that supposed to work for outdoor sports? 

i think it is now kind of official. Tokio 2021 

2 hours ago, dcro said:

It should actually work better for the outdoor sports. Endurance events would be able to go forward as planned.

Tokyo 1964 was held in October.

There was no Paralympics in 1964.  So those would get pushed to November.  And if we're talking about 2021, then that's way too close to Beijing 2022

Voted.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

Not to be that guy, but I’m starting to hear/see some chatter about the IOC/Japan looking at canceling Tokyo2020. Most our not from sources I respect/trust, but their are a few people who’s opinions matter that are beginning to indicate this may be happening behind the scenes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not to be that guy, but I’m starting to hear/see some chatter about the IOC/Japan looking at canceling Tokyo2020. Most our not from sources I respect/trust, but their are a few people who’s opinions matter that are beginning to indicate this may be happening behind the scenes.

There's no way that this will happen unless the pandemic won't be stopped by 2021. Both Japan and IOC would lose a lot more money if they cancel the games. 

7 uur geleden, Olympian1010 zei:

Well, I predict a cancellation as there's no vaccin for Covid-19 in a few months. In The Netherlands people told the vaccins are only ready in autumn 2021, so I fear the Games will be cancelled.

48 minutes ago, CCB said:

Well, I predict a cancellation as there's no vaccin for Covid-19 in a few months. In The Netherlands people told the vaccins are only ready in autumn 2021, so I fear the Games will be cancelled.

This is definitely possible, but not anytime soon. Let's talk about this again next year in Spring. I don't think the games will be cancelled sooner than that.

• 5 months later...