website statistics

European Championships 2022

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AlFHg said:

So, this time swimming is going to be held in another place rather than athletics

Or they’ve hopped back on the European Games train.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 years later...

I don't know if anyone other than the event organisers are still conceiving of this as a genuine multi-sports event, rather than a whole lot of different Championships that just happen to take place in the same city at the same time.  In case anyone is, I've made up a brief spreadsheet showing the times of all the main events, and have incorporated my world-wide time calculator option. I started off to do a much more detailed one, but soon realised that only people imprisoned in dungeons for many years would be interested in that level of detail.  It might be useful to people who are equally fans of table tennis and canoe sprint who can't decide what to watch.

Munich Time Calculator.xls

• 3 weeks later...

Schedule for day one of the European championships next week:

kzUMLj9.png

Does that mean the women's all-around final will be part of the team qualification or how should I read this? It kind of comes across as if the all-around is sort of snuck into something else. Same for the men later in the week.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 7/15/2022 at 3:25 PM, Grassmarket said:

I don't know if anyone other than the event organisers are still conceiving of this as a genuine multi-sports event, rather than a whole lot of different Championships that just happen to take place in the same city at the same time.  In case anyone is, I've made up a brief spreadsheet showing the times of all the main events, and have incorporated my world-wide time calculator option. I started off to do a much more detailed one, but soon realised that only people imprisoned in dungeons for many years would be interested in that level of detail.  It might be useful to people who are equally fans of table tennis and canoe sprint who can't decide what to watch.

Munich Time Calculator.xls 54 kB · 19 downloads

Apparently on the forum it's seen as one big multisport event, wihch might be making things rather difficult...

Instead of at least being able to read and post in for example the athletics thread (for which it's simply the European Championships) even if I haven't seen any other sports yet, I'll have to avoid the whole event in terms of Totallympics and refrain from reading anything here :p 

@Sindo Surely before the event starts we'll get separate threads for the separate sports? As in, an 'Athletics European Championships' thread, a 'Track Cycling European Championships' thread and such? It'd be nearly impossible to follow stuff otherwise unless you really have the whole day to spend on it (like, no work or such).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Instead of at least being able to read and post in for example the athletics thread (for which it's simply the European Championships) even if I haven't seen any other sports yet, I'll have to avoid the whole event in terms of Totallympics and refrain from reading anything here :p 

I guess we will have Athletics at the European Championships thread. :p

#banbestmen

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@Sindo Surely before the event starts we'll get separate threads for the separate sports? As in, an 'Athletics European Championships' thread, a 'Track Cycling European Championships' thread and such? It'd be nearly impossible to follow stuff otherwise unless you really have the whole day to spend on it (like, no work or such).

I don't think we need a thread for each sport. We already have the one about Athletics, maybe we can have as you said Artistic Gymnastics and Track Cycling, but other sports can be discussed on here.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Schedule for day one of the European championships next week:

kzUMLj9.png

Does that mean the women's all-around final will be part of the team qualification or how should I read this? It kind of comes across as if the all-around is sort of snuck into something else. Same for the men later in the week.

In the Commonwealths this week the Team competition was incorporated into Qualifications & the team score was derived from best-four-out-of-five performances in the Qualifiers. The All-Arounds were then held on a separate day as a completely blank slate competition, using the top 18 qualifiers.  In the Europeans the All-Arounds will be the derived score, and the Team Event will then be the separate events.  

Why the difference? I guess at this stage in the Paris 2024 cycle establishing national rankings is more important than individual ones.