website statistics

Junior Pan American Games 2021

Totallympics

The streaming was terrible and I barely was able to watch more than 5 minutes of the men's artistic gymnastics competition, but it was exciting following the scores alone. Silver is a better result than what I expected for Brazil, and it looks like without Richard the US is not really the favorite for all the gold medals in the event finals, after all.

So sad that latin american multi-sports games still use this outdated results system.

And while I appreciate Canal Olímpico do Brasil broadcasting this, it's extremely frustrating not having results at all (even the commentators have to wait for some updates from the reporter).

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Sadly the level of competition was even worse than I thought.

And it was higher/better level than I expected it to be :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Case in point the website: https://www.calivalle2021.com/en/medalleria/deporte/2596/organizacion/353

It has a five way tie for triathlon gold... like lol

Found it @Griff88 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

42 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

The streaming was terrible and I barely was able to watch more than 5 minutes of the men's artistic gymnastics competition, but it was exciting following the scores alone. Silver is a better result than what I expected for Brazil, and it looks like without Richard the US is not really the favorite for all the gold medals in the event finals, after all.

Yeah, I gave up on both the streaming and results system this morning, which is unfortunate as I was looking forward to this competition.

Argentina, Brazil and Mexico all had terrible performances in women's artistic gymnastics. Argentina had the worst day of them all, though. It's going to be USA for the gold medal, Brazil with the silver medal and Mexico with the bronze medal.

It's a little unfair because 13 year-old girls were not allowed in this competition, and Argentina's best girls are all 13 years old. Bummer.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Argentina, Brazil and Mexico all had terrible performances in women's artistic gymnastics. Argentina had the worst day of them all, though. It's going to be USA for the gold medal, Brazil with the silver medal and Mexico with the bronze medal.

It's a little unfair because 13 year-old girls were not allowed in this competition, and Argentina's best girls are all 13 years old. Bummer.

Where do you even get news about 13 year old argentinian gymnasts? 

28 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Where do you even get news about 13 year old argentinian gymnasts? 

LOL. There's a very small group of dedicated fans who gather information about these young gymnasts. Junior women compete from 13 to 15 years of age, and we get to see them at the continental events. For example, the 13 yo Argentinians competed at the Pan American Championships. I'm surprised that they were not allowed to compete here because they are much better than the rest of the Argentinian, Brazilian and Mexican girls who did compete here. But, to be honest, Brazil's best junior gymnast is Helen who is also 13, and is much better than any of the 14 and 15 yo girls who represented Brazil here.