website statistics

Summer World University Games 2021 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

FISU proposed Seoul-Pyongyang to rescue the falling apart 2021 Summer Universiade. Their original backup plan was.... Turkmenistan.

http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news_view.htm?Seq_Code=139981

I have no doubt that Turkmenistan would hold it, and make it awesome. We would just have a bunch of fake fans again 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I have no doubt that Turkmenistan would hold it, and make it awesome. We would just have a bunch of fake fans again 

I think they just don't want it because there will be no belt wrestling and all those Turkic themed sports. They aren't AZE and KAZ who have good athletes

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

I think they just don't want it because there will be no belt wrestling and all those Turkic themed sports. They aren't AZE and KAZ who have good athletes

Oh actually I wouldn’t mind it going to Baku, they’ve done a stellar job with the European and Islamic Solidarity Games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

43 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh actually I wouldn’t mind it going to Baku, they’ve done a stellar job with the European and Islamic Solidarity Games

If by "stellar" you mean completely empty streets during road races, then sure. :p

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

If by "stellar" you mean completely empty streets during road races, then sure. :p

So Indonesia should be the best venue for road races, since some random women brought some pans and pots to support every cyclist in Asian Games :lol:

Edited by Griff88

Just now, Griff88 said:

So Indonesia should be the best venue for road races, since some random women brought some pans and pots to support every cyclist in Asian Games :lol:

Yes! Indonesia and Rwanda all the way. :d

Mainland Europe has big crowds too, but with way to many, let's call them, "self-promoters"...

#banbestmen

28 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes! Indonesia and Rwanda all the way. :d

Mainland Europe has big crowds too, but with way to many, let's call them, "self-promoters"...

Those morons swinging their dicks while running in front of the peloton on a climb in a Borat suit? Yeah, I always thoroughly enjoy when someone trips them over or knocks them straight on the face.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Whoever it may have been, one can't deny the atmosphere for the road races in Indonesia was really, really cool :cheer:

Rwanda is on top and unbeatable, but Indonesia did a good job :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!