website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

and bmx freestyle. not sure about bmx racing.

Both Olympic events were contested.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 hours ago, Dolby said:

Which are the 11 Olympic events not competed in Huangzhou? IIRC, there was some difference in Weightlifting. What else? 

As the person who actually made the medal table, here are the 11 Olympic events that were not competed in Huangzhou:

Canoeing (2): Men's and Women's Kayak Cross events

Cycling (2): Men's and Women's BMX Freestyle

Gymnastics (1): Rhythmic Gymnastics' Group All Around

Surfing (2): Men's and Women's Shortboard

Weightlifting (4): Men's -89 kg and -102 kg categories and women's -71 kg and -81 kg categories. 

I did took the liberties of counting the weighlifting events of the men's +109 kg and women's +87 kg categories to be counted in the Olympic medal events count as the men's +102 kg and women's +81 kg categories as anyone who competes in the +109 kg and +87 kg events are automatically elegible to compete in the +102 kg and +81 kg categories by body weight. 

You don't necessary need to take my medal table as the gospel truth as it is my arbitary way of counting these 318 events as Olympic events. I do these medal counts as one way to measure each country's preparedness for Paris 2024. If you really want a more accurate way of measuring each country's true ability, I suggest to make a live medal count out of the Asian qualification rankings of each event for Paris 2024. Regardless, to me at least, the true medal table count that matters is the 2024 Olympics medal count and the Asian rankings for each event in the 2024 Olympics. 

1697190460-6529123c06554.jpg

Remember Huang Yu Lin, the roller skating guy from :TPE who famously won Asian Games gold after taking over his :KOR opponent who celebrated prematurely? 

Yesterday he lost in National Games of Taiwan with the same method :lol: 

two more medalists on the doping list 

https://ita.sport/sanction/asian-games-hangzhou/

one guy from Pakistan Kabaddi team (probably that only disqualifies him, not the whole team)

but ... 63.5kg boxing gold medalist Baatarsukh, Chinzorig from Mongolia is here too. that's something 

ps: I really thank ITA for making a list. :yes in past few editions it was impossible to have a full list of doping cheaters. and OCA never even cared to fix the medals. :facepalm: for example I know some guys in Kurash and Jujitsu tested positive in Jakarta 2018 but OCA never said anything about medal reallocation or even disqualification of those cheaters.