website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

E-Sports and Breaking added to the sports program by the OCA. Source: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1102183/esports-hangzhou-2022-asian-games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 16/04/2019 at 06:22, phelps said:

p.s. I read in the Italian news that e-sports also have been dropped...:thumbup::champion::cheer:

if that's true, it means that we still have someone capable of using his brain...that's encouraging! :rofl::lol:  :facepalm:

On 16/04/2019 at 06:25, Griff88 said:

Welp I will be happy too :cheer:

It would be weird for a country with gamer rehab center to showcase e-sports

On 14/09/2019 at 18:28, Griff88 said:

Asian Games 2022 won't include breaking (:cheer:) and surfing

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1084709/oca-add-three-sports-hangzhou-2022

These posts didn’t age well. Y’all jinxed it. :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

oh well, Esports and Breaking ! :facepalm:

btw this pics show the draft for the AG programme, apparently with the number of events and disciplines for each sport but it's unreadable ! :facepalm:(or maybe that number is not the number of events but the number of days for each sport)

The OCA says

The OCA’s 19th Asian Games will run from September 10-25, 2022 and feature 40 sports, 61 disciplines and 482 events

they already had 40 sports, it should be 42 now, right ?! because it seems they didn't drop any sport. how hard it is to publish the details of events ? or at least the number of them for each sport :wall:

832e5c284839ed83c268ca908c231e89.jpg

even my not-so-sharp eyes can see "soft tennis", "marathon swimming" and "running target shooting events", Dragon boat, roller skating in the program as separate disciplines. I wasn't sure about Soft Tennis (which will be part of Tennis once again) and it will be Marathon swimming's debut.

and I can see Bridge too ! and 10 seconds of googling confirmed that  :facepalm:

http://www.worldbridge.org/2020/10/02/bridge-included-in-the-asian-olympic-games-2022/

in that program, they considered Esports as part of the Chess/Go/Xiangqi/Bridge program as one sport I can't read the name. board games maybe

-

so from 2018 program, they only dropped Bowling, Pencak silat, Sambo, Jet Ski and Paragliding.

Bowling had its debut in 1978 and was in AG program since 1994.