website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

and per Hangzhou 2022 official website Dragon Boat will be a part of Canoeing competition. but they said nothing about Soft Tennis (which is usually a part of tennis competition) or 3x3 basketball. and beside that it's not clear if Chess is just Chess or will include some weird Chinese Chess competition too.

It will be included... Together with Go/Weiqi, just like 2010.

Here is an excerpt of news, I highlighted the words (although it might be not updated)

image.png

Just now, Griff88 said:

It will be included... Together with Go/Weiqi, just like 2010.

Here is an excerpt of news, I highlighted the words (although it might be not updated)

image.png

thanks. google translate didn't help with this :d and obviously I can't read a single Chinese character. anything else I missed ? google translate is far from accurate.

btw that's a terrible idea, dropping a sport like Karate with 40 nations participating and adding Chinese Chess !! which is not even a sport to have TV coverage etc. I like the real Chess though but only the blitz competition which is possible for TV broadcasting.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

thanks. google translate didn't help with this :d and obviously I can't read a single Chinese character. anything else I missed ? google translate is far from accurate.

btw that's a terrible idea, dropping a sport like Karate with 40 nations participating and adding Chinese Chess !! which is not even a sport to have TV coverage etc. I like the real Chess though but only the blitz competition which is possible for TV broadcasting.

The rest of the news basically are identical with your post.

However, in the closing part it is said that they are also hinting the possible changes to the programme with "youth sports" (I bet Bach will be horny after this). They mentioned skateboarding, surfing, sport climbing, and...... f***ing breakdancing

36 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

The rest of the news basically are identical with your post.

However, in the closing part it is said that they are also hinting the possible changes to the programme with "youth sports" (I bet Bach will be horny after this). They mentioned skateboarding, surfing, sport climbing, and...... f***ing breakdancing

p.s. I read in the Italian news that e-sports also have been dropped...:thumbup::champion::cheer:

if that's true, it means that we still have someone capable of using his brain...that's encouraging! :rofl::lol:  :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

p.s. I read in the Italian news that e-sports also have been dropped...:thumbup::champion::cheer:

if that's true, it means that we still have someone capable of using his brain...that's encouraging! :rofl::lol:  :facepalm:

Welp I will be happy too :cheer:

It would be weird for a country with gamer rehab center to showcase e-sports

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2019 at 05:36, MHSN said:

China begs to differ with your TV coverage opinion. Exhibit A (and B, C, D, E, F, G): 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 16/04/2019 at 05:44, Griff88 said:

I’ve already faced the reality that Breaking will be an official sport at the 2023 Pan Am Games. Hopefully Sport Climbing will be too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Asian Games 2022 won't include breaking (:cheer:) and surfing

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1084709/oca-add-three-sports-hangzhou-2022

Sport Climbing :clap:. Arguably the best sport, after Biathlon of course (and maybe Cycling) @heywoodu

Edited by Olympian1010

• 1 year later...