website statistics

Mediterranean Games 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Why are people sitting during the anthem ? :yikes:

Yeah, it's weird.

But I can't really remember Algeria hosting an international event like this (?). Maybe it's just a little lack of the collective spectator experience.

#banbestmen

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, it's weird.

But I can't really remember Algeria hosting an international event like this (?). Maybe it's just a little lack of the collective spectator experience.

I don´t know, Algeria organize regularly several international events, mainly various African championships but also global events like fencing world cup or so.. from what I remember people were always standing during the anthems, Perhaps people in Algiers are more used to such events. :dunno:

Anyway, I remember the same happened many times also during Rio  Olympics, when you´ll rewatch some competitions from Rio you´ll see plenty of local (I assume based on most of them were wearing BRA football jerseys :p) just sitting on their seats or jumping and waving to the cameras like morons during the anthem. That was definitely one of the most disappointing experience I had from otherwise generally amazing and very goodly organized olympics there.

More bad news coming through...

Gymnasts themselves still don't know how they ranked in the qualifications. Results are nowhere to be found. They only found out who is going through to the apparatus finals once someone released the start lists (but again, results themselves are still missing). :wacko:

Source in Croatian

https://sport.hrt.hr/ostali-sportovi/tijana-korent-i-ana-derek-u-finalu-na-mediteranskim-igrama-8183950

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, phelps said:

@Sindo did you feel that? :mumble:

I didn't, but I never feel earthquakes :d I have never felt one in my life. Other people felt it and it looks like the athlete on the Balance Beam was shaking as well.

1 minute ago, phelps said:

p.s. news about our lovely cat? :d

She is here in the hall now, but I have not seen her yesterday during the competition so I guess they close her somewhere to avoid her to go in the competition field during the competition :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I didn't, but I never feel earthquakes :d I have never felt one in my life. Other people felt it and it looks like the athlete on the Balance Beam was shaking as well.

you're lucky...I've felt very few of them in my life (and originated quite far away from my location), but I was always really scared...

I just can't imagine what would happen if I were in the middle of one big earthquake...most likely, I'd die because of an heart attack...:yikes: :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Sindo said:

She is here in the hall now, but I have not seen her yesterday during the competition so I guess they close her somewhere to avoid her to go in the competition field during the competition :lol:

nooo...pooor cat!

hope you'll see her again (and maybe take some more pictures/videos)...:fingers: