website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Commonwealth Games 2022



Recommended Posts

Well, you guys discussed so many things and completely ignored one point the IOA cheif said

 

Quote

The IOA chief added the Commonwealth body has been ‘undermining’ India and the country is not adequately represented in its bodies ‘despite being their largest partners, population wise.’ “Yet, they don’t consider us seriously. There are 13 committees and there isn’t one Indian in them. There is no Indian in the executive board. Why are we in the system? It’s a colonial thing.”

 

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cwg-waste-of-time-india-should-withdraw-altogether-ioa-president-6025737/

 

Now this can be considered a serious question. You have a country which is largest, population wise (Funnily even if you add all the other common wealth nations population it doesn't even add up to India's population.) and is not represented any where.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Birmingham 2022 is teasing a big announcement they’ll make tomorrow. I would imagine this will be the final sports program (complete with events, and/or schedule), motto, or some big celebrity endorse

Good for the Colonial Games. 

The list of medal events for the 2022 Commonwealth Games.   PowerPoint Presentation - Birmingham-2022-medal-event-program.pdf   The 20 kilometer race walking events in athletics ha

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

What's wrong with 300 m rifle though? That's real shooting compared to that 10 m air convenience bullshit.

I've never really watched 300m rifle shooting, but I can imagine there you actually feel like you see them shooting? In that short distance air rifle stuff you just see them pick their rifle, not move at all, wait for a while until you hear 'tick' and that's it. At least to me it looks so insanely boring :hairpull: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic has become pretty big with all the anti British Empire folk out in force .

 

Personally I also have some issues with Britain -I blame Britain for the creation of Israel which is by far  the biggest obstacle to a more peaceful world 

But this is the wrong forum for that topic.

I do rather doubt that India would be a major country if not for Britain . If no Raj there would be a dozen or more separate countries in my view .

 

Also   I can't help but notice  that the have nots of the world overwhelmingly  want to move to the countries Britain created (the Anglosphere )

I also note that there is a French equivalent ( sort of ) of the Commonwealth Games which no one cares about . In fact there are all sorts of Games which no one much cares about 

 

Personally I wouldn't care if India said goodbye to the Commonwealth and it's Games . I doubt that  many would care  anywhere .

India has the strongest sense of complaint  in the world . Not so many years ago India and China had similar living standards . Now they are miles apart . All this talk of democracy -the courts and civil service  are corrupt  . Public safety especially for women and the poor is abysmal 

As for all this talk of whities running the show -the last CWG president was Malaysian and the one before that Jamaican 

 

Anyway my general position is to always to take the opposite view to any big fat powerful  Indian Boss complaining about being hard done by . Do that and you will rarely go wrong 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I've never really watched 300m rifle shooting, but I can imagine there you actually feel like you see them shooting? In that short distance air rifle stuff you just see them pick their rifle, not move at all, wait for a while until you hear 'tick' and that's it. At least to me it looks so insanely boring :hairpull: 

 

Ha, from watching lower-tier archery event (where there are no big LED screens) I can imagine the atmosphere

 

1. Athlete pull the bow

2. The arrow goes missing

3. One or two second moment of silence

4. "TEN!"

5. Cheer like crazy

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Griff88 said:

 

Ha, from watching lower-tier archery event (where there are no big LED screens) I can imagine the atmosphere

 

1. Athlete pull the bow

2. The arrow goes missing

3. One or two second moment of silence

4. "TEN!"

5. Cheer like crazy

But at least in (recurve) archery you can see the athletes are doing something :p 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dcro said:

What's wrong with 300 m rifle though? That's real shooting compared to that 10 m air convenience bullshit.

 

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I've never really watched 300m rifle shooting, but I can imagine there you actually feel like you see them shooting? In that short distance air rifle stuff you just see them pick their rifle, not move at all, wait for a while until you hear 'tick' and that's it. At least to me it looks so insanely boring :hairpull: 

But it’s cheaper, and smaller nations can afford it. There’s also almost no risk of someone getting hurt. I’m fine with target shooting, but just don’t like heavy weapons, so for me I love the 10m events.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rajiv said:

Also   I can't help but notice  that the have nots of the world overwhelmingly  want to move to the countries Britain created (the Anglosphere )

I also note that there is a French equivalent ( sort of ) of the Commonwealth Games which no one cares about . In fact there are all sorts of Games which no one much cares about 

 

Personally I wouldn't care if India said goodbye to the Commonwealth and it's Games . I doubt that  many would care  anywhere .

India has the strongest sense of complaint  in the world . Not so many years ago India and China had similar living standards . Now they are miles apart . All this talk of democracy -the courts and civil service  are corrupt  . Public safety especially for women and the poor is abysmal 

As for all this talk of whities running the show -the last CWG president was Malaysian and the one before that Jamaican 

 

Anyway my general position is to always to take the opposite view to any big fat powerful  Indian Boss complaining about being hard done by . Do that and you will rarely go wrong 

You sir, have not seen my YouTube history :p. I find the Jeux De La Francophonie to be highly enjoyable, and there is an actual point for them. The games celebrate language through sport, culture, and art :yes .

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

 

But it’s cheaper, and smaller nations can afford it. There’s also almost no risk of someone getting hurt. I’m fine with target shooting, but just don’t like heavy weapons, so for me I love the 10m events.

It's not like in 300m shooting they just go around and shoot anything that's 300m away. Really, safety regulations there aren't significantly different than in the 10m events, and if they are, they are most likely stricter. All shooting events should be outside anyway, factoring in the wind in your shooting is as much a skill that's part of the sport as anything.

Edited by heywoodu
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I don’t even know what to say about this one: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1087912/birmingham-2022-shooting-solution

@intoronto @Fly_like_a_don

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...