website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Where is the lie ??

I'll leave this here: http://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:2016

and also china is also at the bottom , so according to you china is also one of the worst performing sporting  nations on this chart ........  good luck with trying to sell that to the rest of the world 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

and also china is also at the bottom , so according to you china is also one of the worst performing sporting  nations on this chart ........  good luck with trying to sell that to the rest of the world 

655 million /medal vs 19.5 /medal 

Clear difference, if you can't see that, idk what to say

Just now, Nickyc707 said:

And yet oddly it attracts large numbers of spectators and produces many athletes who go on to success at world and olympic level.

Well, if you like it, long life to the Queen :p

I think that's is just a remember of the UK empire that, luckily for all, it's gone forever. I feel like that the Commonwealth games are a sort of jerking circle for the UK home nations. 

12 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Where is the lie ??

I'll leave this here: http://www.medalspercapita.com/#medals-per-capita:2016

"India is the worst performing nations in the CWG"     well as per last chart  we were third and above Canada .......

Rank CGA Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia (AUS)* 80 59 59 198
2 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England (ENG) 45 45 46 136
3 22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India (IND) 26 20 20 66
4 22px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.pn Canada (CAN) 15 40 27 82

so if we are the worst performing , Canada ?? 

I personally think that to cut shooting was a clear strategy of the big three to cut india  down to size .......   

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

"India is the worst performing nations in the CWG"     well as per last chart  we were third and above Canada .......

1 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia (AUS)* 80 59 59 198
2 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England (ENG) 45 45 46 136
3 22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India (IND) 26 20 20 66
4 22px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.pn Canada (CAN) 15 40 27 82

so if we are the worst performing , Canada ?? 

I personally think that to cut shooting was a clear strategy of the big three to cut india  down to size .......   

There is no venue nearby Birmingham that could host the games. Unlike track cycling using the London 2012 venue, the shooting venue was temporary iirc. 

I am not sure results at one Commonwealth Games represents anything. Fact is Canada won more medals in one Winter Olympics (with the third of the medals on offer) than India has in all Summer Olympics. That fact is frankly embarrassing for a country the size of India. I am sure that will change though this year.

16 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

You don't know how difficult it is to choose sports as priority in India. So kindly shut your mouth and mind your own sports

Which country was poorer? :GBR in the 1860s or :IND in the 2020s? Yet :GBR in the 1860s invented pretty much all modern sports & now modern :IND compete in only four or five.  Well, of course you resent what happened. But how does :IND‘s Commonwealth Games record stack up against much poorer countries like  :JAM or :KEN

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

655 million /medal vs 19.5 /medal 

Clear difference, if you can't see that, idk what to say

The per capita charts are rubbish ......  even if you have a population of a billion you can send 4 weightlifters per gender like china in weightlifting ....... so makes no sense ....... 

we have not done well in the olympics ..................................................but we finished well above canada in the last CWG ........   and third ..........a decent performance ............ so for a canadian to call us underperforming in the CWG is ridiculous ........

1 minute ago, nitinsanker said:

The per capita charts are rubbish ......  even if you have a population of a billion you can send 4 weightlifters per gender like china in weightlifting ....... so makes no sense ....... 

we have not done well in the olympics ..................................................but we finished well above canada in the last CWG ........   and third ..........a decent performance ............ so for a canadian to call us underperforming in the CWG is ridiculous ........

I actually never said that, from the countries that compete in the CWG, India is one of the top performers just at the CWG. Overall, including every other event? Not so much.

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

There is no venue nearby Birmingham that could host the games. Unlike track cycling using the London 2012 venue, the shooting venue was temporary iirc. 

I am not sure results at one Commonwealth Games represents anything. Fact is Canada won more medals in one Winter Olympics (with the third of the medals on offer) than India has in all Summer Olympics. That fact is frankly embarrassing for a country the size of India. I am sure that will change though this year.

By the bye the original statement was "India has underperformed at the CWG " ........ not winter olympics .....

"not a single CWG" ...  you guys seem to have a weak memory ......... go back to 2010 we thrashed canada at that event again ........

1 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia (AUS) 74 55 48 177
2 22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India (IND)* 38 27 36 101
3 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England (ENG) 37 60 45 142
4 22px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.pn Canada (CAN) 26 17 32 75

so the fact is we have thrashed canada in 2 of the last 3 CWGs ..........

sad but true ........ who is the underperformer at the CWG........

That birmingham does not have a single shooting range!!!!!!!!!....