website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

:SRI and :BAN playing for the last spot in the women‘a cricket tournament at the moment.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

Final field hockey teams confirmed:

http://fih.ch/news/lineup-confirmed-for-birmingham-2022-commonwealth-games/

Women:
Australia, Canada, England, Ghana, India, Kenya, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, Wales

Men:
Australia, Canada, England, Ghana, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Scotland, South Africa, Wales

Malaysia declined quotas for both events, I suspect due to the Asian Games being close by. India on the other hand probably had the depth to send a B team here. 9 countries will be represented in both tournaments.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Final field hockey teams confirmed:

http://fih.ch/news/lineup-confirmed-for-birmingham-2022-commonwealth-games/

Women:
Australia, Canada, England, Ghana, India, Kenya, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, Wales

Men:
Australia, Canada, England, Ghana, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Scotland, South Africa, Wales

Malaysia declined quotas for both events, I suspect due to the Asian Games being close by. India on the other hand probably had the depth to send a B team here. 9 countries will be represented in both tournaments.

I read that India confirmed they’ll send their B teams to the Commonwealth Games. Asian Games are too close to send a A teams to both.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I read that India confirmed they’ll send their B teams to the Commonwealth Games. Asian Games are too close to send a A teams to both.

Makes sense, Asian games is way more bigger and prestigious compared to this.

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes that is what I meant, India probably has the depth to send a B team and be competitive. Malaysia, perhaps not.

7 hours ago, intoronto said:

Yes that is what I meant, India probably has the depth to send a B team and be competitive. Malaysia, perhaps not.

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/india-to-send-second-string-hockey-teams-for-birmingham-commonwealth-games-10410771.html

12 hours ago, opruh said:

Makes sense, Asian games is way more bigger and prestigious compared to this.

More importantly, almost surely, Asian Games would be a qualifying tournament for Paris Olympics.