website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

On 7/4/2021 at 8:55 AM, nitinsanker said:

well as the money is paid by Uk for the commonwealth and you control the board  primarily from UK ( 7 out of 14 executive positions ........  and you wrote the rules.........  It cannot be expected that britain would do anything but self aggrandise itself and try to show its supremacy in the sporting arena but do try to say you are fair .......

Designation Name Country
Vice-Patron Prince Edward 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom
President Dame Louise Martin 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland
Vice-Presidents Mr. Bruce Robertson 23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.pn Canada
Mr. Chris Jenkins 23px-Flag_of_Wales_%281959%E2%80%93prese Wales
Ms. Kereyn Smith 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand
Regional Vice-Presidents Africa Mrs. Miriam Moyo 23px-Flag_of_Zambia.svg.png Zambia
Americas Ms. Judy Simons 23px-Flag_of_Bermuda.svg.png Bermuda
Asia Mr. Chris Chan 23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png Singapore
Caribbean Mrs. Fortuna Belrose 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Lucia.svg.png Saint Lucia
Europe Mr. Harry Murphy 23px-Flag_of_Gibraltar.svg.png Gibraltar
Oceania Mr. Hugh Graham 23px-Flag_of_the_Cook_Islands.svg.png Cook Islands
Birmingham 2022 Representative Mr. Ian Metcalfe 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England
CEO    
Legal Advisor Ms. Sandra Osborne 23px-Flag_of_Barbados.svg.png Barbados
Athlete Representative Ms. Rhona Toft 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland

More silly nonsense. If this were true why have wrestling as a core sport in which GB is hopeless and not for example shooting where they do well. 

The trouble is some Indian fans seem to have an inflated view of India's sporting standing  in the consciousness of other countries. We really don't care how well India does and certainly nobody would bother to try and thwart any success they may have despite the ridiculous conspiracy theories we've been entertained with in this thread. Beating the Aussies is all we care about. 😊

On 7/4/2021 at 8:04 AM, pdr4332 said:

I agree with Olympian 1010 here, shooting is now watchable on television, unlike my old hobby-horse, modern pentathlon... :D :D

A question for those involved with CWG issues: is the removal of shooting and archery only for this edition or is it permanent?

As I am not familiar with the venues I don't know how credible is the explanation that there are no suitable venues 

Archery wasn't removed from the 2022 Games as it wasn't in the 2014 or 2018 programmes either. It's an optional sport and so far has only been included in 1982 and 2010. 

3 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

The president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Narinder Batra said on Friday that the participation of India’s hockey teams in next year’s Commonwealth Games is ‘doubtful’. Batra, who is the chief of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) and was a former Hockey India president, said the Indian hockey teams' priority is to achieve their peak at the Asian Games, which starts just 35 days after the CWG.

The Birmingham CWG is scheduled to be held from July 28 to August 8, while the Asian Games will be hosted by Hangzhou, China from September 10 to 15.

Looks like India is losing interest in 2022 commonwealth games ..... This is in part due to the issues we have had with shooting I think because batra was talking about a boycott earlier after the shooting imbroglio

There has to be more than 36 field hockey players in India... why not sent a B team to get experience? 

2 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

The trouble is some Indian fans seem to have an inflated view of India's sporting standing  in the consciousness of other countries.

Oof!

I've always wondered why the Indian fans here are so upset about the CWG. I'd be ashamed if Brazil took part in an event where everyone accepts the queen of another country as their ruler. It's even more shameful when Indians are accusing their former colonizers of being unfair to them. 

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, intoronto said:

India has withdrawn both of its field hockey teams citing Covid 19 quarantine rules. 

Plus the fact that they prefer to focus on the 2022 Asian Games because it’s the continental qualifying event for the 2024 Summer Olympics.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:47 PM, thiago_simoes said:

Oof!

I've always wondered why the Indian fans here are so upset about the CWG. I'd be ashamed if Brazil took part in an event where everyone accepts the queen of another country as their ruler. It's even more shameful when Indians are accusing their former colonizers of being unfair to them. 

Commonwealth countries do NOT accept the Queen as their ruler. Some do, some don’t. India is one of those that doesn’t. Hence its constitution defines it as the REPUBLIC of India.

No different than Brazil, Angola, Macau etc belonging to various Lusofonia organisations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...