website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

23 minutes ago, dharang said:

I agree with Olympian 1010 here, shooting is now watchable on television, unlike my old hobby-horse, modern pentathlon... :D :D

A question for those involved with CWG issues: is the removal of shooting and archery only for this edition or is it permanent?

As I am not familiar with the venues I don't know how credible is the explanation that there are no suitable venues 

In the CG there are core sports that must be presented & others that can be rotated in & out depending on the hosts’ choice.

2 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Is there a single lie that you will not tell?

"This is clearly aimed at an unsportsmanlike thwarting of sports they do badly at ( and India does wellat ) ........."

2002  British shooters won 24 medals

Indian shooters won 24 medals

2006  British 26

Indian 27

2010   British 30

Indian 30

2014   British 20

Indian 17

2018   British 22

Indian 16

Total    British 122

Indian 114

The numbers demonstrate categorically that the absence of shooting does not benefit the British teams at the expense of India. If anything it is the other way around as India's performance has declined.

Are you trying to suggest Britain is as good as India in shooting ....... Any person in this forum would laugh at you 

sadly GB is a very good olympic nation and on maybe 30 out of the 33 olympic sports you would be right 

first let us look at the world cup tally 

Overall Medal Tally (ISSF World Cup 2019)

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1  India (IND) 16 4 2 22
2  China (CHN) 8 13 15 36
3  United States (USA) 5 4 1 10
4  Russia (RUS) 4 5 3 12
5  Hungary (HUN) 4 1 1 6
6  Croatia (CRO) 3 2 0 5
7  Australia (AUS) 3 1 4 8
8  Italy (ITA) 2 2 6 10
9  Germany (GER) 2 1 1 4
10  Czech Republic (CZE) 2 0 1 3

India 1  and  Britain no where in the top 10 ....... so exposed .that britain and India are anywhere close in shooting ........ Lie 1 exposed .......

Then how does Britain get 22 medals versus Indias 16.......... by  cheating and using all the clever tricks department 

1. TRICK 1 ....... split yourself into 6 different countries during the commonwealth games - England , wales scotland , NI , Guernsey , jersey , isle of man etc .....

so when india gets to send 2 shooters per event , you get to send 12 shooters  ....... very even 

2. Use a non standard program with weird sports like queens prize ( 2 events ) - which no one has ever heard of outside Britain probably  while not using standard events of the olympic program like pairs mixed  which India is good at 

So anyway if you believe that you guys are as good as India look to the olympics ............ And I bet you the kohinoor that we will do better than you at shooting 

Whoops you have already cheated us of  the kohinoor  :facepalm:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

15 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

In the CG there are core sports that must be presented & others that can be rotated in & out depending on the hosts’ choice.

well as the money is paid by Uk for the commonwealth and you control the board  primarily from UK ( 7 out of 14 executive positions ........  and you wrote the rules.........  It cannot be expected that britain would do anything but self aggrandise itself and try to show its supremacy in the sporting arena but do try to say you are fair .......

Designation Name Country
Vice-Patron Prince Edward 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom
President Dame Louise Martin 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland
Vice-Presidents Mr. Bruce Robertson 23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.pn Canada
Mr. Chris Jenkins 23px-Flag_of_Wales_%281959%E2%80%93prese Wales
Ms. Kereyn Smith 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand
Regional Vice-Presidents Africa Mrs. Miriam Moyo 23px-Flag_of_Zambia.svg.png Zambia
Americas Ms. Judy Simons 23px-Flag_of_Bermuda.svg.png Bermuda
Asia Mr. Chris Chan 23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png Singapore
Caribbean Mrs. Fortuna Belrose 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Lucia.svg.png Saint Lucia
Europe Mr. Harry Murphy 23px-Flag_of_Gibraltar.svg.png Gibraltar
Oceania Mr. Hugh Graham 23px-Flag_of_the_Cook_Islands.svg.png Cook Islands
Birmingham 2022 Representative Mr. Ian Metcalfe 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England
CEO    
Legal Advisor Ms. Sandra Osborne 23px-Flag_of_Barbados.svg.png Barbados
Athlete Representative Ms. Rhona Toft 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

4 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Except of course there aren't more medals for lawn bowls than shooting and the CWG isn't intended to be a replica of the OG which is why it includes non-Olympic sports just as the Asian Games does.

Shooting has zero medals in CWG 2022. Lawn bowls has less medals than that? 

I think India will get quite a shock how few medals they will win in Tokyo .

I'm certainly not wishing this but performance in secondary  events in non mainstream sports is a very poor indicator of Olympic performance .

Some relatively unknown competitor from one of the Big Gun nations often appears and wins -all they care about are the Olympics not the world cup circuit 

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 8:44 AM, nitinsanker said:

So anyway if you believe that you guys are as good as India look to the olympics ............ And I bet you the kohinoor that we will do better than you at shooting

I think you lost that bet :d

• 4 weeks later...

The president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Narinder Batra said on Friday that the participation of India’s hockey teams in next year’s Commonwealth Games is ‘doubtful’. Batra, who is the chief of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) and was a former Hockey India president, said the Indian hockey teams' priority is to achieve their peak at the Asian Games, which starts just 35 days after the CWG.

The Birmingham CWG is scheduled to be held from July 28 to August 8, while the Asian Games will be hosted by Hangzhou, China from September 10 to 15.

Looks like India is losing interest in 2022 commonwealth games ..... This is in part due to the issues we have had with shooting I think because batra was talking about a boycott earlier after the shooting imbroglio

On 7/4/2021 at 8:44 AM, nitinsanker said:

Are you trying to suggest Britain is as good as India in shooting ....... Any person in this forum would laugh at you 

sadly GB is a very good olympic nation and on maybe 30 out of the 33 olympic sports you would be right 

first let us look at the world cup tally 

Overall Medal Tally (ISSF World Cup 2019)

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1  India (IND) 16 4 2 22
2  China (CHN) 8 13 15 36
3  United States (USA) 5 4 1 10
4  Russia (RUS) 4 5 3 12
5  Hungary (HUN) 4 1 1 6
6  Croatia (CRO) 3 2 0 5
7  Australia (AUS) 3 1 4 8
8  Italy (ITA) 2 2 6 10
9  Germany (GER) 2 1 1 4
10  Czech Republic (CZE) 2 0 1 3

India 1  and  Britain no where in the top 10 ....... so exposed .that britain and India are anywhere close in shooting ........ Lie 1 exposed .......

Then how does Britain get 22 medals versus Indias 16.......... by  cheating and using all the clever tricks department 

1. TRICK 1 ....... split yourself into 6 different countries during the commonwealth games - England , wales scotland , NI , Guernsey , jersey , isle of man etc .....

so when india gets to send 2 shooters per event , you get to send 12 shooters  ....... very even 

2. Use a non standard program with weird sports like queens prize ( 2 events ) - which no one has ever heard of outside Britain probably  while not using standard events of the olympic program like pairs mixed  which India is good at 

Whoops you have already cheated us of  the kohinoor  :facepalm:

Your origanal argument was that shooting was left out of the CWG because India is so much more successful at the Games than British shooters. I demonstrated this was not true so you then moved on to World Cups and the OG neither of which I mentioned, although you falsely assert that I was claiming that Britain's shooters were better than India's. In any event, after Tokyo, perhaps you will be a little more careful in your assertions about India's stature as a shooting nation generally having won even fewer medals thsn GB.

As for the CWG shooting programme in 2018 it was almost identical to that of the previous OG in Rio. The only additions were a women's double trap event to provide gender equality plus the two fullbore rifle shooting events. You don't seem to like this weapon although I believe it is closest to those used by the military and should suit Indian competitors given the vast size of its army. Your claim that "standard" events were left out of the CWG programme is once again patently false. Every OG event from 2016 was included in the CWG in 2018.