website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

36 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Qualification system for weightlifting

Only some sports/events have a qualification process. Hopefully CGF start to officially release more of them.

I’ve seen a few. Badminton, Beach Volleyball, Cricket, Hockey, Para Powerlifting, and Para Triathlon have all released early versions of theirs.

From my understanding, under the most recent CGF Strategic Agenda, all sports should be shifting towards qualification systems.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Qualification system for weightlifting

Only some sports/events have a qualification process. Hopefully CGF start to officially release more of them.

If I’m not mistaken, weightlifting has seen a reduction of quota for these Games as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve seen a few. Badminton, Beach Volleyball, Cricket, Hockey, Para Powerlifting, and Para Triathlon have all released early versions of theirs.

From my understanding, under the most recent CGF Strategic Agenda, all sports should be shifting towards qualification systems.

One of the biggest obstacles is some nations wouldn't be eligible to participate in qualification, mostly due to being part of Great Britain and not having a recognized separate federation within certain sports.

The other issue of course is it would kill the participant rate of the smaller nations. Though that can be solved by giving every nation 15-20 quotas to use as they like (minus events where a set number of participants are required) and subtract one for every athlete qualified (not including team events)

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just realized that hadn’t been posted to the thread, so here they are:

Para Triathlon

Hockey

Badminton

Beach Volleyball

Para Powerlifting

Cricket

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CGAs qualified in Women’s T20 Cricket - :AUS:ENG:IND:NZL:PAK:RSA + a team representing the West Indies to be determined at a direct qualification event