website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Buenos Aires withdraws from the 2023 Pan Am race, leaving Santiago as the only bid. First time ever 2 west coast cities will host back to back.

Well it seems that finally Santiago will host... maybe in 2017 Central America or the Caribbean could host.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

With more than four years to go, Santiago 2023 already presented their pictograms.

So I guess Roller Hockey will return to the programme? :mumble:

Each host is currently allowed to add one sport of local interest under the PanAm charter. (Toronto 2015 added women’s baseball, Lima 2019 added Basque Pelota I believe)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Each host is currently allowed to add one sport of local interest under the PanAm charter. (Toronto 2015 added women’s baseball, Lima 2019 added Basque Pelota I believe)

I didn't though Chile was good at that sport but they won silver at last year's Pan American Championship. Maybe they think they can steal a gold medal from Argentina.

• 8 months later...
7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

A lot of problems within the organizing committee for Santiago 2023. The CEO and President have both resigned...

Very concerning indeed. Hopefully it’s resolved, but I’m beginning to think it may be in the best interest of games to choose a new host.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Very concerning indeed. Hopefully it’s resolved, but I’m beginning to think it may be in the best interest of games to choose a new host.

Very late to do that. I'd suspect though Lima would gladly host again though.

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Very late to do that. I'd suspect though Lima would gladly host again though.

I was thinking more Cali, LA, or Buenos Aires. Lima isn’t currently in a position to host either.