website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

In defense of Lacrosse, it is about as Pan American as a sport can get. In terms of origin and top countries. I do agree that it largely non-competitive at the moment, but maybe World Games inclusion will help with that a little.

Lacrosse is growing rapidly in Central and South America right now. I have a friend who is a coach with the Colombian Women's National Team and they went to the World Championships two summers ago. They didn't get far, but I can see in ten years maybe 6 quality nations out of the Americas. The problem is competitiveness. It's basically a battle for bronze after Canada and the United States.  

7 hours ago, LDOG said:

So.. your professor advocated for relativism :lol:   

Not that it is a bad thing.

Well, in a certain way he did :d:d:d

Of course, he argüed there some things that natural order made unmutable, and as such, were the inspiration for what it later became known as "human rights" (or as learned during my university years, 1st Generation Human Rights), while human opinions, are always subject to a certain condition and learning, thus could not be taken to represent the whole and only truth (more relativism) and be established as a political ideology to govern a State.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Taekwondo poomsae got an increase in quotas for santiago 2023 to 40 (from 31)

157 total quotas so, 117 for Kyorgui (from 109). I think the additional 8 spots are for the winner of the Youth Pan American Games. Not 100% sure, but it makes sense.

What a waste of places.

For me it should be enough with 130: 14 for each kyorugi weight (112) and 9 mixed pairs in poomsae, with athletes also doubling in individual events.

59 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

What a waste of places.

For me it should be enough with 130: 14 for each kyorugi weight (112) and 9 mixed pairs in poomsae, with athletes also doubling in individual events.

If we’re going to have 14 athletes a weight class, we might as well just 16 athletes in each weight class. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Also in volleyball and beach volleyball, the top two teams in each confederation at the Junior Pan Am Games will qualify for Santiago 2023. :facepalm:

@mrv86 @Olympian1010

The most idiotic decision ever, cause I doubt they'll force the NOC's to maintain that U23 roster for the indoor competition.

Looks Olympic Gold Medalist, fencing, Bach is influencing Panam  Sports feeble minds.

Also in volleyball and beach volleyball, the top two teams in each confederation at the Junior Pan Am Games will qualify for Santiago 2023. :facepalm:

@mrv86 @Olympian1010

Yeah, I’m with y’all on this one, this feels way too excessive. I like that Panam Sports are giving the Junior Pan Am Games purpose and prestige, but it shouldn’t detract from the ability of senior/elite athletes to qualify for their respective Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Solid qualification system. I like that they use SA/CAC Games for qualification.