website statistics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!
 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

konig

Pan American Games 2023

Recommended Posts

Pan American Games 2023

 

CHI.gif Santiago (CHI) - 20 October 2023 - 5 November 2023 CHI.gif

 

112732re9405bd5401yzn7.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buenos Aires withdraws from the 2023 Pan Am race, leaving Santiago as the only bid. First time ever 2 west coast cities will host back to back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Buenos Aires withdraws from the 2023 Pan Am race, leaving Santiago as the only bid. First time ever 2 west coast cities will host back to back.

Well it seems that finally Santiago will host... maybe in 2017 Central America or the Caribbean could host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With more than four years to go, Santiago 2023 already presented their pictograms.

 

So I guess Roller Hockey will return to the programme? :mumble:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

With more than four years to go, Santiago 2023 already presented their pictograms.

 

So I guess Roller Hockey will return to the programme? :mumble:

 

 

Each host is currently allowed to add one sport of local interest under the PanAm charter. (Toronto 2015 added women’s baseball, Lima 2019 added Basque Pelota I believe)


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Each host is currently allowed to add one sport of local interest under the PanAm charter. (Toronto 2015 added women’s baseball, Lima 2019 added Basque Pelota I believe)

 

I didn't though Chile was good at that sport but they won silver at last year's Pan American Championship. Maybe they think they can steal a gold medal from Argentina.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of problems within the organizing committee for Santiago 2023. The CEO and President have both resigned...

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

A lot of problems within the organizing committee for Santiago 2023. The CEO and President have both resigned...

Very concerning indeed. Hopefully it’s resolved, but I’m beginning to think it may be in the best interest of games to choose a new host.


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Very concerning indeed. Hopefully it’s resolved, but I’m beginning to think it may be in the best interest of games to choose a new host.

Very late to do that. I'd suspect though Lima would gladly host again though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Very late to do that. I'd suspect though Lima would gladly host again though.

I was thinking more Cali, LA, or Buenos Aires. Lima isn’t currently in a position to host either.


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...