website statistics

Your Own Multi-Sport Event

hace 1 minuto, thiago_simoes dijo:

I like this idea, but I feel that this is basically the Pan American Games with a few invited nations. I would expand this idea to something like Latin Heritage Games, including other nations that have an official language based on Latin (Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, Catalan, Romanian). It would be nice to see :ROU :MDA :ITA :SUI :SMR :ALB :BEL and 29 other countries where French is an official language (including :BEL :CAN :FRA :HAI :VAN and a number of African nations). With the inclusion of Vanuatu, all six (or five, depending on how you look at it) continents would be represented, too.

I was tempted to put :PLW :GUM and :NMI as former Spanish colonies to represent Oceania, but I didn't want to look like a Colonializer asshole:lol:

1 minute ago, Jur said:

I was tempted to put :PLW :GUM and :NMI as former Spanish colonies to represent Oceania, but I didn't want to look like a Colonializer asshole:lol:

That’s right. Those are ours you colonist asshole :mad:

:p

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Il y a 2 heures, thiago_simoes a dit :

This might sound crazy, but I would love to see an event where every sport depends on music or songs. I have no idea how to call it. The sports I can think of are:

• Acrobatic gymnastics (FIG)
  • Aerobic gymnastics (FIG)
  • Aesthetic group gymnastics (IFAGG)
  • Artistic cycling (UCI)
  • Artistic gymnastics (even if it's just women's floor) (FIG)
  • Artistic roller skating (FIRS)
  • Artistic swimming (FINA)
  • Dancesport (WDSF)
  • Equestrian (Dressage and Vaulting) (FEI)
  • Figure skating (why not?) (ISU)
  • Rhythmic gymnastics (FIG)
  • Wheel gymnastics (IRV)

Only 8 (edit: 9) international sports federations involved. It could work out just fine.

Discolympics ?

hace 2 minutos, Olympian1010 dijo:

@Jur What a Casteliers (speller that, the sport where people make towers)!? That would have to be in there for sure, plus that’s gender neutral.

That only happens in Catalonia, and I don't think it's a sport, is more like art I would say.... just a folklore thing, not competition.

When I have more time later this week, I’ll make my presentation for how my city will host either the Pan American or World Games :p. Y’all can learn all about where I live :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Jur said:

That only happens in Catalonia, and I don't think it's a sport, is more like art I would say.... just a folklore thing, not competition.

It’s done for competition though. I actually like the Jeux De La Francophonie features art and sports. I wouldn’t mind that concept for something like this. Many of the countries you mentioned do have clubs that could participate. 

1 minute ago, toulousain said:

Discolympics ?

No they would be a games that features: Athletics (only M/W Discus), Rhythmic Gymnastics (only Hoop), Flying Disc ( M/W Team Ultimate, Mixed Pair Freestyle), Wheel Gymnastics, that game from Octobeerfest where people sit on a spinning wheel, while others try to knock them off, and of course Disc Wars from Tron.

I would propose a multi-sport of sports which are indigenous and popular to a country or region and have potential to have mass popularity like Kabaddi from Indian subcontinent, Australian rules football, hurling, sepaktakraw etc.

Since most of them are team sports, the quotas can be handed as follows - four best teams and one each from Asia/Oceania, Africa, Europe and Americas; so each sport shall feature 8 NOCs.

NOCs may not be ranked by medal tally but by cumulative points earned in sport. The points earned shall be earned by combination of final standing and a weightage factor decided by whether the sport is indigenous in that region. For example, in hurling Ireland shall have a lower weightage factor then, lets say Kenya.

Probable List of sports

American football

Basque pelota

Hurling

Kabaddi

Sepaktakraw

Wushu

Sambo

Netball

Lawn bowls

Australian rules football

Edited by Siddhartha Talukdar