website statistics

Sport Events going on during the Coronavirus Outbreak

heywoodu

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

Not being listed here is one thing: https://www.swiss-diving.net/Main.aspx?xview=6de75635-e3e7-4284-beaa-67940b9298a3

Second thing is that "Hungarian Diving Federation is following the governal and international federation's recommendations and information concerning the pandemia of coronavirus and does everything with its immediate enforcening" (my own translation from Hungarian Diving Federation's website)

8 Nations Youth Diving Meet 2020 in Geneve has not been cancelled ? It's the first event on the list :mumble:

1 minute ago, Sindo said:

So it's safe to say this event will not happen ? I thought being China huge and Urumqi far from Wuhan, and being this a national event the even could have happened. But maybe all sports are still suspended in the whole nation ?

It will not happen. Still all kinds of sport events are not allowed to hold publicly, only a few training events could be held in the national team training center without audience. Last weekend, We just held short track speed skating mock WCH with NT members and Victor An. There is no audience but live stream was available. Also some diving, shooting and athletics events held in the same way.

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

• Diving LEN Youth Budapest International Meet 2020 Still listed on LEN website @Vektor Could you find any source (even in Hungarian language) about this event ? I think all sports events in Hungary are cancelled ? But can you find an official statement by the Hungarian Diving Federation ?

There's absolutely no way that this event is happening. Literally everything got cancelled in Budapest in the last few days.

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

It will not happen. Still all kinds of sport events are not allowed to hold publicly, only a few training events could be held in the national team training center without audience. Last weekend, We just held short track speed skating mock WCH with NT members and Victor An. There is no audience but live stream was available. Also some diving, shooting and athletics events held in the same way.

Still possible to watch? If so, where? I need my fix.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Still possible to watch? If so, where? I need my fix.

Sure. But everything is in Chinese. Especially the playlist and subtitle. Hard to choose which game to watch and recognize the athlete because they almost wear same NT clothes except Viktor An wearing all black. He only participated 1000m and 5000m relay. The schedule should be similar to WCH.

First day 03/13: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc002006giozr5.html

Second day 03/14: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200sgsshnh.html

Third day 03/15: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200k7qthmk.html

I have on my calendar two sports events which according to federations were supposed to start tomorrow and for which I have not been able to find any official sources about their postponments/cancellation:

• BMX Racing UCI Open de Argentina 2020 (San Juan stage) on March 21st
  • BMX Racing UCI Campeonato Argentino 2020 (San Juan stage) on March 22nd

The last official statement from the official website says the South American Championships have been cancelled but the Campeonato Argentina & Open are confirmed. But this news is from March 11th so I guess in the while these could have been cancelled as well. @LDOG Can you find something ? Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

This is my new favourite sport!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jelle's+marble+runs

And the great thing is the competitors have a lot more personality than your average Norwegian winter sports athlete.

:rofl:

The Marblympics (or Marble League as it’s now known due to the IOC) has been a favorite of mine for years. I post about this channel every once in a while, so I’m surprised you haven’t seen it yet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

World Rugby will be livestreaming old World Cup matches on their Facebook page. The games will be complete with commentary, live blogs, and highlights to make people feel like these are actually current games being played.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela