website statistics

Boxing IOC European Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

George_D

6 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

We now have 6 boxers qualified for the Olympics, more than I thought to be honest! Not betting on medals again this time but not impossible. Emmet Brennan still has a chance to make it too in the box offs. 

All three of the women are definitely medal contenders. 

17 hours ago, phelps said:

has someone watched the Gadzhimagomedov vs Mouhiidine match?

I just read the result and a few lines by the OA sport website, but I don't trust them at all when it comes to boxing...I haven't watched the bout, so I don't know what to think about it...:mumble:

It was a fair judgements. Maybe he was a bit underestimate in the frist rounds, but the Russian really dominated the 3rd.

I have seen the bout. For me, round 1 was a little little bit for Italian. Ok for second, clearly for Italian, and third, clearly for Russian.
No way, when a bout is 50-50, Russia wins. And also when a bout is 50,01-49,99. For wins against a russian, have to destroy him. 

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

well, I believe boxing qualification of :CRO is less surprising than canoeing sprint I must say, at least for me  :p

Well, I wouldn't think so. Govorčinović and Tot were improving for some time now, while Čačić here seemingly had a lot of luck with her draw. :d

#banbestmen

Nikoleta Pita lost :cry:

No Greek boxers going to Tokyo. Third Olympics in a row that we failed to qualify anyone in boxing. We had three boxers within one win of making it to Tokyo. I really thought at least one of them would win.

Tsanikidis having to withdraw due to injury was a huge disappointment. He had the best chance to qualify of all our boxers.

Well, that's probably it, only one Hungarian athlete in boxing, smallest "team" in boxing for us since 1924. 

Just put Hungarian boxing out of its misery already and dissolve it before they hurt the legacy of it even more with their disastrous results. 

I realize that boxing and arrogance are a common combo, but damn, the British boxer really pushed it here... Especially since this interview happened after the match, so one can't really throw it under trash talk.

https://olympics.com/live-blog/live-blog-boxing-qualifier-tokyo-2020-paris-monday-7-june-2021/

It's nothing jaw-dropping. But then again, I can imagine plenty contexts where someone who makes such remarks about their opponent's physical appearance would immediately face backlash and calls for a disqualification... :whistle:

#banbestmen