website statistics

Boxing IOC European Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

George_D

2 minutes ago, Illya said:

Sadly , our girl also fights vs British . But I keep calm because Anna Lysenko make my day brighter . And we have some quotas , so we have chances to archieve 150 ?

Good luck Ukraine! 

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

I slightly disagree about Dubois. I think she may be the best female boxer in the world by the Paris Olympics.

But I also think Testa is a very, very good fighter and could win gold in Tokyo

well, I don't foresee the future, so it might well be that Dubois becomes the best female boxer ever in a few years...

I was only judging what I saw with my eyes in the few bouts of hers I've had the chance to watch in the last couple of years (I remember her well also in the junior ranks)...

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

I admit to be biased - but I'm shocked to see how good the performances of the British women have been so far

Lauren Price is the reigning world champion and favourite for gold in Tokyo and so no surprise there. Dubois is clearly highly rated and has performed really well in what when it began fifteen months ago was her first senior tournament. It was good to see her deservedly overcome the limited Potkonen's negativity.

The one who has really impressed me though is Charley Davison who only returned to the sport last year after an absence of many years to start a family with three children. She impressed with her first round victory over an Irish boxer and again today. Very skillful and a quick mover it'll be interesting to see how she gets on in Tokyo.

That weight category is not as competitive as some others. The Irish representative she beat was only second at our national championships but the winner was injured last March and couldn’t compete. 

All the British girls are medal contenders though 

and thanks to Irma Testa, now we have 3 girls flying to Tokyo (and most likely no men, unless Mouhiidine pulls out a miracle later today against the once favourite of all the judges in the world despite being an absolute farce of a boxer, aka :RUS Muslim Gadzhimagomedov :hairpull:)...