website statistics

Boxing IOC European Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

George_D

3 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

https://boxing.athlete365.org/the-5-qualification-events/european-qualifying-event-london-gbr-14-24-march-2020/

PS. I don't know, from which game you have your profile photo, but I surely liked the moment ;)

hahaha i don't know either from which game it is, but thank you very much for the link :clap:

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

draw ? start tomorrow

https://mobile.twitter.com/gbboxing/status/1238465011355435013

Draw was made 90 minutes ago with details available on the website later this evening. 342 boxers from 45 countries chasing 77 quotas. An Italian team is here having arrived in the UK ten days ago.

Like I said, Europe doesn't deserve to have 8 quotas for the flyweight. Whole bunch of boxers will just need one win to qualify. :facepalm:

In fact, it's quite possible that all 8 qualifiers in the flyweight will only need one win. :yikes:

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/gbboxing/status/1238465011355435013

Draw was made 90 minutes ago with details available on the website later this evening. 342 boxers from 45 countries chasing 77 quotas. An Italian team is here having arrived in the UK ten days ago.

but don't worry, they will go back home very quickly...:rofl: :facepalm:

looking at the men's draws, I wonder if any of our guys would eventually get past the 2nd round...

the only remote chance of qualification should go to Mangiacapre in the -69kg class...he "only" has to beat bad fighters or "former" fighters like Sotomayor (who should also be no longer protected by the new workgroup jury panels)...

then I'm really curious to see if the Russians will still be gifted some wins or would go out in the first/max second round as they deserve (some of them are really terrible...if it wasn't for the aiba judges in their hands, there's no way they would win all the medals they got in these last 10/15 years or so)...

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

but don't worry, they will go back home very quickly...:rofl: :facepalm:

looking at the men's draws, I wonder if any of our guys would eventually get past the 2nd round...

the only remote chance of qualification should go to Mangiacapre in the -69kg class...he "only" has to beat bad fighters or "former" fighters like Sotomayor (who should also be no longer protected by the new workgroup jury panels)...

then I'm really curious to see if the Russians will still be gifted some wins or would go out in the first/max second round as they deserve (some of them are really terrible...if it wasn't for the aiba judges in their hands, there's no way they would win all the medals they got in these last 10/15 years or so)...

Are AIBA officials judging this event or have the IOC found alternatives?

4 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Are AIBA officials judging this event or have the IOC found alternatives?

all officials are from aiba, but those who judged the Rio Olympics and the last World championships have been excluded from being part of this new panel...

more important, we have a new technical commission, with new members and not the same one that manipulated many results in the last 2/3 years...

however, after watching the African and Asian qualifiers, I don't trust this jury panel either...I've already seen a few scandals, especially in the African tournament...

Edited by phelps

As an outsider I’d say the only boxing judging system that has ever worked was the one when they simply counted punches that landed and showed the scores in real time.  Any system based on scoring abstract concepts like “aggression” & “defensive effort” etc etc will always be manipulated.