website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

One judge had it 30-24, another 29-28 xD

But Ashish really thrashed muskita so good.... This was just so one sided......I think I would have given the bout 30-24 or maybe 30-25 myself...... 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

But Ashish really thrashed muskita so good.... This was just so one sided......I think I would have given the bout 30-24 myself...... 

Rounds 2 and 3 were one-sided.

Either way, it makes no sense for one judge to give round 1 10-8 one way and for another judge to give it 9-10 the other way.

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Rounds 2 and 3 were one-sided.

Either way, it makes no sense for one judge to give round 1 10-8 one way and for another judge to give it 9-10 the other way.

Well the first bout was 4-1 for IND.... Which was reasonable..... Maybe just the 10-8 was a bit unreasonable..... I would have given it 10-9 for ashish...... Which was the average in any case

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

8 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Welcome to Boxing. Ideally, it makes no sense but sadly it happens more often then you would think. 

1 minute ago, nitinsanker said:

wow the mousavi vs taglathian bout looked an MMA event than a boxing round 

And it's hard for me to tell who is the winner, very dizzy. Glad Tanglatihan won the bout all because of referee no.4. Thank you.

Well well, I think 2020 can be the first time Iran don't qualify a boxer for the Olympics, (not counting years Iran didn't participate)

and i prefer to not talk about judges and officiating, this is boxing after all. I'm not sure even if I follow the competition anymore. watching a sport where one judge scores 30-27 for boxer A and another one scores 30-27 for boxer B is a waste of time.

but then I know i will come back tomorrow, there is nothing to do these days when you are almost in quarantine :d