website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Sad thing is - looks like IOC asked the commentators to sugarcoat this.

Two weeks ago in Africa they were pissed.

actually they were pissed after the first round, but then specially from the 3rd round they talked like they never said those things :d if someone watched the last 1-2 minutes and listened to them it was like Jordan dominating the entire bout.

I think there are only 5 people in Jordan who can throw punches properly and all of them are qualified for the Olympics ! maximum result from your investment :d

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

On a brighter note, :VIE Vietnam will compete in boxing for the first time since Seoul 1988...

And the man who's done it has won both his fights inside the distance. Today was in the first round against a former world medalist! Pretty incredible at this level

Iran beat Uzbekistan in boxing :yikes: when was the last time that happened ? 2014 I guess

I really can't understand these judges, to me when I was watching, Mousavi lost the 1st round, still to my surprise the score was 4-1 in his favor. then to me he was better in the 2nd round, I was confident but yet the score was 4-1 for UZB ! the only judge who gave the first round to UZB, gave this one to Mousavi ! it seems some of them just give points randomly.

so we will have 4 in the final box-off , 2 of them will be huge favorite,

In my opinion, these qualifiers have only been further proof as to why Boxing should kicked from the Olympics at mach speed. Make Squash, Baseball/Softball, Roller Sports, Karate, or Sport Climbing the new core sport and be on with it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela