website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

Wow talk about only presenting part of the facts  you are  presenting just the easy fights and ignoring the difficult fights  they also had fights against KOR, 

UZB, JAP, AUS, THAI ... The TJK boxer by the way was the Asian championship winner  so that was not easy fight as well...... The SAM ah tong had defeated the IRI in the first round so a decent boxer too..... 

All the bouts were fairly judged as far as I could see....there was none of the clear cheating

... Also JOR did win 2 medals in the last Asian championship.... So not an incredibly huge leap to qualify 4 .... Crowd energy does help a bit...... 

But none of that horrible AIBA judging for sure this time. . .. The draws were fair as well....... Take obadeh of JOR... His first fight was against the Asian Games bronze JAP, then the TJK Asian champion.... No way is that an easy draw....  You can watch the bouts they were fairly judged

well, Ah Tong vs the Iranian guy was clear cheating, probably the worst judgment so far in the competition...

but I've seen a few other matches with the wrong outcome (Amit surely didn't win his match on the rinfg earlier this morning for instance, only the judges gifted him the Olympic berth)...

maybe not clear cheating, as the fights were close enough to have contrasting opinions, but surely more than once I had to disagree with the judges (and the broadcasters also expressed their doubts on some judges, too...so, it's not me vs the world...there are other "experts" thinking that not everything is going perfectly also with the new workgroup)...

The problem of Olympic boxing is that the medium level is very low, most of the bouts are substantially even with both boxers doing nothing for 3 rounds with 3 or 4 good punches in the entire match, so it' s very difficult to decide who is the winner, and in most cases the winner is from the usual 3 or 4 countries.

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

Wow talk about only presenting part of the facts  you are  presenting just the easy fights and ignoring the difficult fights  they also had fights against KOR, 

UZB, JAP, AUS, THAI ... The TJK boxer by the way was the Asian championship winner  so that was not easy fight as well...... The SAM ah tong had defeated the IRI in the first round so a decent boxer too..... 

None of their qualifiers had Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, China, India or Mongolia on their way. That's a red flag if there ever was one, plus the fact that two (!) of the four had to beat Samoa in the decisive match... And another one took advantage of American Samoa being seeded for whatever reason.

Tajikistan was always going to be a much easier oppoenent than someone from an influential nation. Australia and Korea are mediocre at best, same goes for that Thai individual.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

None of their qualifiers had Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, China, India or Mongolia on their way. That's a red flag if there ever was one, plus the fact that two (!) of the four had to beat Samoa in the decisive match... And another one took advantage of American Samoa being seeded for whatever reason.

Tajikistan was always going to be a much easier oppoenent than someone from an influential nation. Australia and Korea are mediocre at best, same goes for that Thai individual.

… If you look at the Jordanians in general -There were 6 of whom 2 were seeded and hence did not meet UZB / KAZ out of the remaining  4 unseeded JOR boxers ….1 met with a UZB another was to meet with MGL ….. so 2/4 did meet some of the nations you specified …     ( you cannot then say hey it is suspicious that these two did not meet these nations ….. In fact it would be suspicious if every unseeded JOR met with UZB / KAZ etc)   So speaking strictly for me I found the draw reasonably fair …...

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, phelps said:

well, Ah Tong vs the Iranian guy was clear cheating, probably the worst judgment so far in the competition...

but I've seen a few other matches with the wrong outcome (Amit surely didn't win his match on the rinfg earlier this morning for instance, only the judges gifted him the Olympic berth)...

maybe not clear cheating, as the fights were close enough to have contrasting opinions, but surely more than once I had to disagree with the judges (and the broadcasters also expressed their doubts on some judges, too...so, it's not me vs the world...there are other "experts" thinking that not everything is going perfectly also with the new workgroup)...

I liked the Broadcaster speakers this time , pretty outspoken in comparison to the AIBA broadcasters who tended to be more guarded …….

I think most of the fights which are very close can go either way as the points for technical and tactical superiority tend to be a bit subjective 

I felt for example Gaurav solankis fight in the prelims against the UZB I would have given the fight to the Indian , but Sakshis fight in the prelims against the THAI I would have given it to the THAI 

but still not a clear one sided bout being scored completely the other way … where you have 2 judges ( the judges not bought scoring 30-27 or even 30-26  ) for the losing boxer and anybody who sees the bout would say that the losing won clearly in fact at times overwhelmingly ……. the other three cleverly scoring 29-28 for the winning side ……. So a positive for boxing I would say 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Lovely lovely bout by Magnificent Mary ……… This women has the best intelligence I see in a women boxer …… at times may  lack of the reach for the 51 kgs ( she made her reputation in the 46/48 where she would be peerless ) but still what a boxing brain  

Taipei seems to having these really tall women boxers - Lin , Huang  and now Wu...…. and they all seems to win …...

Edited by nitinsanker

Smart decision by Iranian coach throwing the towel , it's impossible to beat UZB/KAZ with these judges even if you punch as good as them. Shahbakhsh was really angry at the coach for doing that. but I think that was the right decision.

but I wonder if he is allowed to box in the box-off ? I mean when you withdrew in middle of the bout and there is small cut near the eye is it possible to not let him continue the competition ? I think if he is allowed he will have a very good chance against Hong Kong. he should do what our 52kg boxer did, after the first round against the Olympic Champion from UZB, coaches told Ahmadi-Safa to let it go, the rest of the bout was something like "OK dude, I won't punch you if you don't punch me"

so nobody in semifinal but we will have plenty of guys at the repechage. that was expected since most of our guys had to face UZB/KAZ/judges in the QF.