website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

according to our boxing federation news section:

Shahin Mousavi got robbed in the quarterfinal he will have a chance to fight in the repechage only if the Chinese boxer manages to beat Kazakhstan in the semies which is unlikely so unfortunately Shahin Mouasvi is most probably eliminated.

really ?! :facepalm: unbelievable they don't know the rules. Mousavi is listed to fight Uzbekistan tomorrow in the repechage and they don't even know that. :facepalm:

21 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Well well, I think 2020 can be the first time Iran don't qualify a boxer for the Olympics, (not counting years Iran didn't participate)

and i prefer to not talk about judges and officiating, this is boxing after all. I'm not sure even if I follow the competition anymore. watching a sport where one judge scores 30-27 for boxer A and another one scores 30-27 for boxer B is a waste of time.

but then I know i will come back tomorrow, there is nothing to do these days when you are almost in quarantine :d

It was really a messy game. As an outsider of boxing, I would favor the Iranian and I thought the Chinese would lose. But turn out the score is so split, don't know the reason why and no one will specifically explain the rules to me. The Chinese news will just say nothing meaningless and congrats the winner.

24 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

It was really a messy game. As an outsider of boxing, I would favor the Iranian and I thought the Chinese would lose. But turn out the score is so split, don't know the reason why and no one will specifically explain the rules to me. The Chinese news will just say nothing meaningless and congrats the winner.

well essentially each judge scores on 1) no of reasonably strong blows in the target area 2) Technical and Tactical superiority …… The first is reasonably objective but the second is somewhat subjective ( the amateur preference is for the typical Cuban dance style - Light on feet , quick hands, movement of head )

there can be deductions for technical infringements …….

In the Mousavi Vs Taglatihan fight …… I think it was a reasonably even fight on punches scored Mousavi won rd 1 and Rd 2 , Taglathian rd 3...…. but technically I think the Chinese boxer was superior ….. Mousavi just lunges and then gets into the clinch ( rather than the technical hit and dance back )  ……. I feel the overall fight was really close ….. so not one of those real outright steals we used to see under AIBA and in fact I feel the judging of the Asian qualifiers have been reasonably good till now 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

28 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I'm surprised there is even a (men's) category where Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and China are not the top 3.  

KAZ and UZB have been the top two boxing nations globally in mens  for the last few years ….. so it is not suprising they have mostly made it to the top 4 here …...

I think KAZ seems to be close to having a perfect mens tournament till now and possibly all 8 may qualify , UZB has already surprisingly lost 2 already and could have just 5 out of 8 into semis , china have never been too good at mens ( they have dominated the womens )... they  may just end up with 2-3 in the semis 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

afternoon session recap...

Women's Welterweight (4 Quotas)

:TPE vs :MGL > :TPE Q

:THA vs :AUS > :THA Q

:CHN vs :KAZ > :CHN Q

:UZB vs :IND > :IND Q

Women's Middleweight (4 Quotas)

:VIE vs :KAZ > :KAZ Q

:KOR vs :AUS > :AUS Q

Men's Middleweight (5 Quotas)

:PHI vs :MGL > :PHI Q

:INA vs :IND > :IND Q