website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

I’ve read in some of our local newspapers that there won’t be a box-off for 5th and 6th place. Instead, they will award 5th place to the one who lost to the gold medallist in the QF and 6th place to loser of eventual silver medallist. Kindly correct me if im wrong ?

32 minutes ago, dodge said:

:MGL also have all 13 boxers left

Today should see some countries knocked out

Mongolia lost in Men’s -81kg to Vietnam

Based on my count,

India - 13

Australia, Mongolia - 12

Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan - 11

China - 10

South Korea - 9

Thailand - 8

C. Taipei, Iran, Tajikistan - 7

Jordan, Philippines - 6

Japan, New Zealand - 5

Vietnam - 4

Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iraq - 3

Bahrain, Kyrgyzstan, Samoa - 2

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Syria - 1

47 minutes ago, Tigercub said:

I’ve read in some of our local newspapers that there won’t be a box-off for 5th and 6th place. Instead, they will award 5th place to the one who lost to the gold medallist in the QF and 6th place to loser of eventual silver medallist. Kindly correct me if im wrong ?

For classes with 6 quotas: 2 SF between 4 losers of QF 

For classes with 5 quotas: 1 Final between losers of gold and silver medalists

That's what I infer from the schedule of last day and our local media.

WechatIMG1452.jpeg

our boxing reached a new low. Kazemzadeh lost to Samoa ! :facepalm: even though I think the judges probably landed more punches the Samoan boxers who was just fleeing the enter time. specially first 2 rounds but ended up the winner 3-2 ! doesn't matter Kazemzadeh was terrible and had no chance in QF this way. that's interesting both of our "experienced" boxers are already out.

6 more left, I don't count much on 91 and +91 boxers we have later today, I still hope for 1 or 2 quotas with remaining 4 boxers

Forgot to update the last few from yesterday!

Anyway, after the first session today here's the countries with the most fighters still involved

13 - :IND 

11 - :MGL :KAZ :UZB 

10 - :AUS :CHN 

:KOR have 7 left but all 5 in the women's section

Realy i dont care if the cheat, it is more important that all nations get at least one boxer to the olympic games, a qulificing turnament to olympic games is stupid, de ciybertain souud never done it. Buy the way i never remember an athleets name, but there flag.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

For classes with 6 quotas: 2 SF between 4 losers of QF 

For classes with 5 quotas: 1 Final between losers of gold and silver medalists

That's what I infer from the schedule of last day and our local media.

If you check this file, it is clear that there are box-offs for all places. For 69, 75 and 81kg divisions, there are box-offs (semifinals) on 10/03 and box-offs (finals) on 11/03

27 minutes ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

Realy i dont care if the cheat, it is more important that all nations get at least one boxer to the olympic games, a qulificing turnament to olympic games is stupid, de ciybertain souud never done it. Buy the way i never remember an athleets name, but there flag.

Of all sports, boxing is the one that is least suitable for just putting people in for the sake of it. It would do the Olympics no good to see some outstanding Kazakh super heavy literally give brain damage to someone who isn't good enough to qualify