17 minutes ago, dodge said:

Seeds by nations

6 - :AUS :KAZ :UZB 

5 - :IND 

4 - :TPE 

3 - :CHN :MGL 

2 - :JPN :JOR :KGZ :PHI :VIE 

1 - :ASA :IRI :KOR :NZL :PNG :SAM :THA :TJK 

Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan with 6 of 8 in the mens. Australia and taiwan with 4 of 5 in the womens

Rakhimovs presidency has seen uzbek domination may be interesting to see how they do under hopefully open competition.... The boxing has been reasonably troublefree till now I'm

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

45 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Rakhimovs presidency has seen uzbek domination may be interesting to see how they do under hopefully open competition.... The boxing has been reasonably troublefree till now I'm

it's obvious that you didn't watch the recent African qualifiers...

unfortunately, nothing has changed in Boxing...they're still the good old cheaters they used to be, even under the new working group...:facepalm:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

it's obvious that you didn't watch the recent African qualifiers...

unfortunately, nothing has changed in Boxing...they're still the good old cheaters they used to be, even under the new working group...:facepalm:

Well did watch the bouts today..... I thought they were reasonably fair.... Having the round count after each round helps reduce the issues, maybe they should go back to counting hits which will reduce the ambiguity.further ..... Boxing is my opinion the most opaque sport still..... You can watch the match swear the red boxer won and see the blue boxer being judged winner, I think this does not happen in any other sport, to a large extent you know the trend of points 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

I watched all Chinese bouts and some other bouts today. Some Chinese players lost and some won. I think generally the referees are quite fair, all the results are as what I expected, nothing surprised me. It makes me more confident with this qualifier. How about you guys think?

36 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I watched all Chinese bouts and some other bouts today. Some Chinese players lost and some won. I think generally the referees are quite fair, all the results are as what I expected, nothing surprised me. It makes me more confident with this qualifier. How about you guys think?

I only watched a couple fights, but from what I've seen I agree.

It is still way too early to tell anything. But one should keep in mind that African qualifiers went off rails mostly during the decisive (semifinal and box-off) stages...

The way DR Congo got robbed in favor of Morocco was just vintage AIBA...

#banbestmen

46 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I watched something like 10 bouts and in all of them the winner was as expected but still it was several dubious round results by some judges. the first (or maybe second) bout of the day between INA and SRI, those commentators were thinking if it should be 10-8 for SRI but then 2 judges gave it 10-9 to INA !

but yes, this is just the start. the real thing starts when we get close to the quarterfinals.

17 hours ago, MHSN said:

I watched something like 10 bouts and in all of them the winner was as expected but still it was several dubious round results by some judges. the first (or maybe second) bout of the day between INA and SRI, those commentators were thinking if it should be 10-8 for SRI but then 2 judges gave it 10-9 to INA !

but yes, this is just the start. the real thing starts when we get close to the quarterfinals.

Any link for live streaming??