website statistics

Table Tennis ATTF African Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Group A is much tougher, any of the three could qualify with Aruna. I think the two losers would have had a great chance in the other group.

Did Nigeria not qualify a team? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

:SEN has qualified its first quota as Diaw upset Aruna.

Aruna must now defeat Hmam to qualify to the Olympics

That’s a huge upset! :yikes:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

:NGR Aruna apparently withdrew and gifted a free quota to Tunisia. :mumble:

Of course, this could be a results system mistake (or wishful thinking on behalf of the Tunisian organizers).

or maybe he is confident about qualifying through the world ranking and wants to help other African nations ?!

this just a guess, I'm saying this without checking the official rules and the current WR  but I know he is in top 20

54 minutes ago, MHSN said:

or maybe he is confident about qualifying through the world ranking and wants to help other African nations ?!

this just a guess, I'm saying this without checking the official rules and the current WR  but I know he is in top 20

Using a page from the Asia table tennis text book I see.

He's currently the highest ranked eligible athlete with almost a 1200 point lead over the closest athlete, assuming nothing too crazy happens over the next few months he should qualify to the Olympics.