website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2020

George_D

13 hours ago, Joshi said:

I know it's early days but the Aussie men's pursuit remind me of the NZ sprint team. They've become stagnant.

13 hours ago, dcro said:

Or maybe they just finally learned the cons of peaking too early in the Olympic year.

remember that here they still miss their leader (injured at Tour Down Under) and they also have had some troubles with the anti-doping agency...

they just need to re-settle and I bet in Tokyo they will be much faster than now (at least "relatively", compared to the other teams riding here in Berlin, since I don't know how fast the track will actually be in Tokyo)...

8 hours ago, rajiv said:

What's the mystery ?

We have seen this kind of sudden performance

enhancement many times over the years

Most call it doping

Well. Unless something has changed, nobody spends as much on technology in track cycling as :GBR .

The bikes, wheels, helmets and clothes mean quite a bit in the sport and the time between the last worlds and the Olympics is the time where things happen here.

The Danish national team coach has told Danish media that the Danish national team aren't using their very latest top equipment and he expects the same from most other top teams.

It's a sport where the tech race is giving the edge.

14 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

Why is that ? :mumble:

1) I would be surprised to see GB winning 4 golds or more because they are far off the top in at least 5 disciplines (men‘s team sprint/sprint/team pursuit and women‘s team sprint/sprint). A lot can happen in the 7 other disciplines, but in none of those british riders are favorites, so i would consider it rather unlikely that they will win more than half of those.

2) Bauge has been caught doping before and in general i dont want athletes who have been caught before to win and more medals after their return.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada won't even qualify for the women's team sprint, due to the incompetence of the NF.

I am sorry to hear that, i think your team could have challenged for a medal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

il y a une heure, OlympicsFan a dit :

2) Bauge has been caught doping before and in general i dont want athletes who have been caught before to win and more medals after their return.

He has never been "caught doping", he has been suspended for 3 whereabouts failures, which is not exactly the same.