website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2020

George_D

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Track cycling is a niche sport, period :dunno:

Nobody is argueing it's not. But even a niche sport should be worth something for it's own federation, which however isn't showing half the competition/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

I absolutely agree...

that's not serious by UCI...

there are a few international federations that have live streaming also for the cadets and junior events, and this buch of *beep* can't even cover properly the senior world champs...:facepalm::wall:

p.s. not to mention the mess they do when they have coverage...any referral to the finish of yesterday's men's scratch race is purely intentional...:hairpull:

Oh that was some of the worst TV directing I've seen in sports in many years :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nobody is argueing it's not. But even a niche sport should be worth something for it's own federation, which however isn't showing half the competition/

Maybe it would have been different if Sky/Ineos/whatever poured money into this joint? :lol:

il y a une heure, heywoodu a dit :

That's already annoying for World Cups, but it's just outright shitty for world championships. If even UCI themselves don't take their events seriously...?

Come on, it's not just qualifying events.

Now you say it ... I wasn't even complaining about it because I integrated the fact that we have to ask for the utter minimum when dealing with broadcasting :)

Not to mention also the problem of TV channels buying the diffusion rights and then not broadcasting the event :)

2 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Now you say it ... I wasn't even complaining about it because I integrated the fact that we have to ask for the utter minimum when dealing with broadcasting :)

Not to mention also the problem of TV channels buying the diffusion rights and then not broadcasting the event :)

UCI's YouTube streams being geoblocked for an entire World Cup event because Eurosport shows a replay on Sunday night and Dutch TV has a 5-minute review of the entire weekend on Sunday is rather annoying, yes :facepalm: 

Yumi Kajihara starts the omnium with a bit of a surprising scratch win, ahead of favourites Kirsten Wild and Jennifer Valente.

il y a 6 minutes, heywoodu a dit :

Yumi Kajihara starts the omnium with a bit of a surprising scratch win, ahead of favourites Kirsten Wild and Jennifer Valente.

Couldn't see the live results so Wild (who got disqualified), made 5 of her opponents fall without falling herself :p

3 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Couldn't see the live results so Wild (who got disqualified), made 5 of her opponents fall without falling herself :p

Must have been a wild move :yikes: 

She didn't get disqualified though, but relegated (moved to the last finishing position), which is a significant difference :p I'm assuming someone who is DQ'ed is actually out of the omnium?

il y a 2 minutes, heywoodu a dit :

Must have been a wild move :yikes: 

She didn't get disqualified though, but relegated (moved to the last finishing position), which is a significant difference :p I'm assuming someone who is DQ'ed is actually out of the omnium?

You're right 

Didn't see her first time in the standings but she's there with 4 points (more than those who couldn't reach the line by her fault :))