website statistics

Track Cycling UCI World Championships 2020

George_D

Why do the Danish men have those weird helmets for, one can assume, a bit of aerodynamic help, while one of them is riding with a beard on his face?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Germany again posts magic time from heat 1. :coffee:

I was in the velodrome, there were no fans at all ;)

btw: what a competition so far. I had the honor to witness two out-of-the-World Records in both Men's Team Pursuit and Men's Team Sprint, two NR in both Team Pursuits for Germany along with the first Team pursuit medal on a world level since 2008. Fantastic experience!

Most impressive to me is Filippo Ganna so far. He lead the entire second and fourth kilometer of the Pursuits, pushing Italy close to the final. What a machine. Bet he is going to nail a WR in the Individual Pursuit tomorrow on the track...

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why do the Danish men have those weird helmets for, one can assume, a bit of aerodynamic help, while one of them is riding with a beard on his face?

They are showing off - look what we can do when we are not even at 100%!  :raspberry:

Plus they can just paint their helmets & use them for their medieval warfare re-enactments at the weekend.