website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

7 minutes ago, Agger said:

And one of the most stupid reactions to the Corona  explained in a tweet:

Let's just say that I'm not proud! :mad:

Damn, not just getting that handshake thing out of the way temporarily in this situation is pretty dumb indeed :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Damn, not just getting that handshake thing out of the way temporarily in this situation is pretty dumb indeed :facepalm: 

Indeed. Even a few mayors from the parties who decided that the handshakes were necessary (let's just say that my party wasn't among) have asked to have the ceremonies without the handshake in this situation.

Now people start questioning what will happen if the people who were supposed to be awarded citizenship end up in a new situation before a new ceremony can be held (like losing their job)

1 minute ago, Agger said:

Indeed. Even a few mayors from the parties who decided that the handshakes were necessary (let's just say that my party wasn't among) have asked to have the ceremonies without the handshake in this situation.

Now people start questioning what will happen if the people who were supposed to be awarded citizenship end up in a new situation before a new ceremony can be held (like losing their job)

This might be all political, but what's the big deal about a handshake (in normal, non-viral circumstances)? I mean, surely when one wants to become citizen of a country, shaking hands to finish the process is hardly an impossible step to overcome?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This might be all political, but what's the big deal about a handshake (in normal, non-viral circumstances)? I mean, surely when one wants to become citizen of a country, shaking hands to finish the process is hardly an impossible step to overcome?

Well. The official idea is that it's how we do in Denmark. But in reality it's a symbolic thing just to stop some people from becoming citizens, after having heard a story or two about people who don't want to shake hands with people of the opposite sex. So far one person hasn't been given citizenship due to this. Several places has given the chance to decide who's hand to shake (which of course some politicians wants to forbid (at this point, you may right about some people here, @Khadidja Aisha )).

It's purely symbolic to punch at people from other cultures.

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

I just lost a 2 weeks job in Saudi Arabia because they don't want me to enter their country :wall:

This is what I fear will happen to me, too... I have invested a lot of money in my master at Siena and, among the incredible number of problems that they are creating as they are definitely not able to organize it, now this has happened. And I was planning to move to Switzerland for my mandatory traineeship... I just sent some CVs there, but I fear no good answers will arrive.

My girlfriend has passed several interviews to apply for a PhD in Australia, she's finally applied for fundings and now I really hope this will not affect her chances... 

25 minutes ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

Ager go that you se my point, i dint say things for just saing it, scandinavians hide thing under polite outer thing, sory to say, but i am and arabic lady, and whant have same respect as white european allways, if you understand what i mean.

But you are nonetheless generalizing. Even among supporters of the parties who made the decision, I see plenty of people thinking it's a stupid, symbolic idea.

No doubt there are plenty of people unlike me, but there are plenty others like me who don't care the slightest bit how you look or what you believe in. The only thing that matters is how you behave.

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

Exactly, same situation here. I can't avoid wondering if this is a good choice, since Italians and Iranians are now seen as infectors and our economies will suffer for months or even years.

I just lost a 2 weeks job in Saudi Arabia because they don't want me to enter their country :wall:

well if you are not in a terrible situation they can't do much for you at the hospital , so better stay at home and leave those valuable beds for patients really in need.

I don't know about Italy but here in some cities (specially Qom and Rasht) hospitals are already full. Iran's health system is (or was) relatively good but when the economy is ruined, the health system had huge budget cut therefore we have this disaster now. I think 5 years ago Iran could manage it much better.

that's just your problem. not ours :d

well Iran economy was already destroyed, this coronavirus makes things worse. even though I believe most people don't care about money right now. health comes first. we will feel the financial disastrous results few months later.

I hope losing that Saudi job won't hurt you much financially but I thought totallympics now worth million dollars and you are already rich :d:thumbup: