website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Great, sounds like the government won’t test uninsured Americans (probably somewhere around 20-30% of Americans). Hello, epidemic :bye:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Finally, :SLO is in, from Tuesday night.

Interestingly enough, they wait till the day when new prime minister was appointed, from Monday on Janez Janša is taking place again instead of Marjan Šarec. 

Coincidence ?:coffee:

33 minutes ago, justony said:

Finally, :SLO is in, from Tuesday night.

Interestingly enough, they wait till the day when new prime minister was appointed, from Monday on Janez Janša is taking place again instead of Marjan Šarec. 

Coincidence ?:coffee:

As much of a coincidence as the 1st case in the Netherlands being reported at the tail end of a news special about 'Coronavirus - myths and facts' with the health minister as special guest who 'suddenly' got a little paper note confirming the 1st case :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

All hell broke lose in the Netherlands today.

Any new precautions from @heywoodu? :p

It went from 38 to 82, but nothing broke loose :p At least not in daily life or something.

We only have a bit of extra food and stuff like that, just in case people would empty the supermarkets :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Guess who’s been off work sick the last few days?

Yep, me! Sorry to disappoint you all but I just have the good old fashioned flu. I discussed it on the phone with the doctor today as it is protocol not to just turn up at the GP’s office with flu symptoms. He said I can come in to his office in the morning.

But man do I feel like shit. I spent most of last night getting sick and my stomach and throat are in bits today. Meh I hate all these viruses they are not my friends.

On 3. 3. 2020 at 15:50, hckosice said:

Still 0 cases in Slovakia, but it looks sometimes like we are taking measures like we're right in the middle of an epidemic

For example today the city of Bratislava has adopted several preventive measures for the new coronavirus - COVID-19, which is spreading throughout the world.

The Municipality started a complete and immediate disinfection of all public transport vehicles, instructed the members of the City Crisis Staff to be ready, purchased sanitary and disinfectants for all employees and ordered restrictions on visits to the senior citizens' establishments in the city to people who have recently visited the COVID- 19th zones.

Since Sunday, some squad of experts carefully disinfected all the buildings that served as polling stations last saturday during the elections, elementry schools, High schools, several culture houses etc..

89242078_2539568362820381_78714404652187

Anyway, the first case is already very close..

Early in the morning at the Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava university, was detected that one of the foreign students showed symptoms of infectious disease similar to the coronavirus symptoms.

As a precautionary measure, the student was put in quarantine and they immediately closed the university until Monday.