website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

wearing mask doesn't help much if you are healthy. but that brings up another risk. you usually touch your mask with your hands and they are not always clean.

since my office in Tehran is closed for 1.5 months, I only had to go to supermarket in past 2 weeks  but today morning I had to go to a public place for the first time since the spread of coronavirus,insurance company actually for fixing some errors in a previous project we finished there and I think something like 40 or 50 percents of visitors were wearing masks. 70% (including myself) were wearing gloves.

most people take this very seriously, I assume the numbers will drop in Iran after a week or so. but still it was a very sad image, people almost don't talk to each other (which is very non-Iranian) this time of the year couple weeks before our "new year" you always could see people shopping etc. :cry: hopefully things will get better before the new year celebration :pope:

we had +500 new cases yesterday and +800 today, total number is 2336 and 77 deaths :cry: two cities are in critical condition, Qom and Rasht .

Edited by MHSN

32 minutes ago, MHSN said:

wearing mask doesn't help much if you are healthy. but that brings up another risk. you usually touch your mask with your hands and they are not always clean.

since my office in Tehran is closed for 1.5 months, I only had to go to supermarket in past 2 weeks  but today morning I had to go to a public place for the first time since the spread of coronavirus,insurance company actually for fixing some errors in a previous project we finished there and I think something like 40 or 50 percents of visitors were wearing masks. 70% (including myself) were wearing gloves.

most people take this very seriously, I assume the numbers will drop in Iran after a week or so. but still it was a very sad image, people almost don't talk to each other (which is very non-Iranian) this time of the year couple weeks before our "new year" you always could see people shopping etc. :cry: hopefully things will get better before the new year celebration :pope:

we had +500 new cases yesterday and +800 today, total number is 2336 and 77 deaths :cry: two cities are in critical condition, Qom and Rasht .

Yes new epicenter is now Iran and South korea

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

41 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Yes new epicenter is now Iran and South korea

Plus USA, since 6 deaths already suggests a way higher number of cases than they're reporting/finding (considering people are barely being tested).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

31 minutes ago, dcro said:

Any bets as to who will be the first infected Totallympian? :p

Hopefully no one, but you never can tell.

@MHSN seems to be the most rational guess.

But just stressing that last point: yeah, hopefully no one :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

@MHSN seems to be the most rational guess.

But just stressing that last point: yeah, hopefully no one :p 

He seems to be taking proper precautions though.

dcro here today casually passed through farmer's market.:facepalm::p

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

He seems to be taking proper precautions though.

dcro here today casually passed through farmer's market.:facepalm::p

Yeah it's about finding a mix between who is taking proper precautions (like him) and who isn't (like me) and who is living in a country where it's spreading fast (like him) and where it isn't yet (like....I don't know :lol: ).

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Plus USA, since 6 deaths already suggests a way higher number of cases than they're reporting/finding (considering people are barely being tested).

Our death count is high because the virus found its way into a nursing home. Our numbers are very much correct.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Our death count is high because the virus found its way into a nursing home. Our numbers are very much correct.

Not saying the numbers aren't correct, just that the number of tests being done is so incredibly low - at least a few days ago - that it's reasonable to assume USA is detecting an even smaller portion of cases than most of the world.

Still 0 cases in Slovakia, but it looks sometimes like we are taking measures like we're right in the middle of an epidemic

For example today the city of Bratislava has adopted several preventive measures for the new coronavirus - COVID-19, which is spreading throughout the world.

The Municipality started a complete and immediate disinfection of all public transport vehicles, instructed the members of the City Crisis Staff to be ready, purchased sanitary and disinfectants for all employees and ordered restrictions on visits to the senior citizens' establishments in the city to people who have recently visited the COVID- 19th zones.