website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

48 minutes ago, rybak said:

Vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine Now I'm waiting for some symptoms of being sick, month for second shot and we can life similar like in past :d

Lucky! At best I'll be vaccinated in 2 months! :whistle:

41 minutes ago, Agger said:

You mean this year?! Lucky!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Yeah, I already could get my vaccine as many older people doesnt want it, "because its dangerous" :facepalm:But its their lost :p

I hope that you will get your dose a bit earlier and you (even everyone here) will be healthy by avoid this virus :)

18 minutes ago, rybak said:

Yeah, I already could get my vaccine as many older people doesnt want it, "because its dangerous" :facepalm:But its their lost :p

I hope that you will get your dose a bit earlier and you (even everyone here) will be healthy by avoid this virus :)

There's a chance that voluntary vaccination with AstraZeneca og Johnson&Johnson  could put me a bit closer (they have both been taken out of the Danish mass vaccination but work is under way to make it possible to request one of them).

Meanwhile it's more likely that it'll be later than sooner here. It seems like they're overestimating the number of vaccines coming from Curevac (yet to be approved). Some analysts even think we may be done as late as november (and I'm in the very last group to be vaccinated right now). I don't think it'll be that late, even if we need to start vaccinating the first again.

47 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Netherlands doesn’t expect to complete vaccination by year-end? 

They do, but "anyone who wants to get a vaccine, will have had the option to do so by ...." has changed from "by June" to "by July" and might keep moving and moving back because of the 10 million exceptions they are making :p

I get that certain groups should go first, but if you have too many of those exception groups, the whole process goes sloooooooow before you finally reach a stage where any random person who wants a vaccine, can come and get a vaccine. I believe we're not at the stage where people born in 1962 or so can come and get a vaccine, maybe next week it's 1963's turn and so on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile one of my colleagues came up with "My wife and I won't get vaccinated...nope, we're not going to do that, we don't believe in it."

Which sort of sucks. One of my favourite colleagues, but this kind of reasoning....ugh. Quickly changed topic before I accidentally said something I shouldn't say :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile one of my colleagues came up with "My wife and I won't get vaccinated...nope, we're not going to do that, we don't believe in it."

Which sort of sucks. One of my favourite colleagues, but this kind of reasoning....ugh. Quickly changed topic before I accidentally said something I shouldn't say :p 

When did you join the Lakers? Lebron James Sport GIF by NBA

here, the vaccination process has finally accelerated. For two weeks now, everyone over the age of 16 can apply for vaccination in the so-called "waiting room", , but basically it gets more or less 2 weeks of waiting in that waiting room to be called and assigned a date for the vaccine.

Even the state has launched various projects, e.g. "vaccinate your grandfather and grandmother", if a young boy/girl regiter and comes with their grandfather or grandmother, he/she is also vaccinated. it significantly helped to reconsider the attitude via the vaccination of the elderly people, because this group was unfortunately the most vaccination-skeptical in our country.

or several mobile vaccination units that travels between remote villages and vaccinates immobile or elderly people.

I just got vaccinated first shot today. I chose to get vaccinated because on the one hand over 80% Beijing adults (16 millions) finished two shots, on the other hand several local cases without identified origins reported these days. To protect myself also to build herd immunity for Winter OG, I did my job. Hopefully the coming winter season will be a wonderful one.