website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

For sure we started talking about it before 20th, because several cases identified every now and then. But the tone at that time is still all cases linked to the seafood market and no proof of human-to-human infectious YET. That YET ended at Jan 20th and the whole country got very nervous in a sudden. 

I would say people in China knew before then. Here in Scotland in the first two weeks in January suddenly a LOT of middle-aged Chinese people arrived to stay with their children studying in our Universities.  The supermarkets & streets near me (around Edinburgh Uni) were absolutely full of them.   I’d never seen so many at any time - they knew things were bad.  Nobody comes to Scotland in January to see the sights.

A country that believes in Science can easily beat the virus like China. Meanwhile those who prefer conspiracy theories are the ones that suffer the most. No amount of deleting my posts can change this fact. Some countries will just have to suffer more due to the stupidity of their citizens. Good luck to those.

11 hours ago, opruh said:

A country that believes in Science can easily beat the virus like China. Meanwhile those who prefer conspiracy theories are the ones that suffer the most. No amount of deleting my posts can change this fact. Some countries will just have to suffer more due to the stupidity of their citizens. Good luck to those.

Well, believes in a science and has millions in the Gulag.

18 minutes ago, rybak said:

From next week :GBR will became first "Western" country which will start vaccinations with Pfizer vaccines.

Good luck to them, let's hope that soon this pandemic will be over :fingers:

Don’t worry, we’ll find a way to mess it up, we always do.  :toast:

10 hours ago, rybak said:

From next week :GBR will became first "Western" country which will start vaccinations with Pfizer vaccines.

Good luck to them, let's hope that soon this pandemic will be over :fingers:

I just hope people won't think it's now just a matter of using vaccinations and two weeks later it's all done :p Because that's not how it works :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Delete

This always makes it seem like you posted some shitty comment that you then regretted :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This always makes it seem like you posted some shitty comment that you then regretted :d 

I’m just second guessing every comment I make right now. It was just a snarky comment about how some people in the US don’t believe that vaccines work.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I’m just second guessing every comment I make right now. It was just a snarky comment about how some people in the US don’t believe that vaccines work.

Ah yeah, those people will sadly always remain. Not sure what's worse, those people or the people who refuse vaccines because "if I get sick it was God's will and so be it". Sure, but don't let everyone else remain in danger as well because of that, vaccine-refusing asshole.