website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

covid-19 is running hard in Italy...once again, 145k new tests resulted in almost 11k new cases today (89 deceased people, 73 people hospitalized in ICU and almost 800 people hospitalized in regular covid units with mild symptoms)...:cry: :nopompom:

and also many of our sports celebrities are experiencing tough times...after Federica Pellegrini and Valentino Rossi, today Arianna Errigo (fencing) and half of our swimming national team (they were training together in Livigno, so you know...one got it and then the rest followed...most prominent names: Gabriele Detti, Simona Quadarella, Federico Burdisso) also tested positive for covid-19...:facepalm:

Fresh updates on the prepared nationwide testing in Slovakia.

Everyone should be tested two times, this is the reason why the testing will occur in two consecutive weekends 30.10-01.11 and 06.11-08.11

The tesing will be voluntary, however not attending will means automatically 10 days home quarantine. Every negative person will get a document, showing in the public in the next 10 days without it will cost you a fine of 1569 EUR. Very likely the Police will be allowed to perform the controls on the streets and roads.

Tests will be provided also at all our borders points ! Everyone entering the country during those weekends will have to pass the test - even the Truck drivers.

“Everyone who will be in Slovakia on these two weekends is invited to take the test at the expense of Slovakia,” said PM Igor Matovič (OĽaNO), adding that foreigners living in Slovakia are also welcomed.

Gonna be fun :lol:

and one notice, if you are looking for a job. here one for you: 7 EUR per hour + 20 EUR per positive sample in the district :d

Call on medical workers

Health Minister Marek Krajčí (OĽaNO) called on medical staff who will want to help with the testing to register at the Korona.gov.sk website. They will need about 20,000 medical workers, he specified, adding that they will be paid €7 per hour, and those who will take the sampling will get €20 per positive case in their district.

“We will need hundreds to thousands of the medical workers,” Krajčí said. “I would like to ask them to participate and stand on the barricades.”

The Testing schedule will be as follows

Pilot (test) event in the north of the country (Counties of the Orava region, Námestovo, Tvrdošín, Dolný Kubín and Bardejov)

Friday 23.10. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

Saturday 24.10. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

Sunday 25.10. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

1st Official Testing

Friday 30.10. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

Saturday 31.10. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

Sunday 01.11. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

Re-testing

Friday 06.11. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

Saturday 07.11. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

Sunday 08.11. :  08:00-12:00 and 13:00-20:00

@hckosice Mass testing is a good idea and might decrease the cases later on.  Yet that might not be the end of pandemic by any means. Rapid Antigen testing haven't got the accuracy. So few will not test and few will give false negative enough to increase the cases by early next year again in the 3rd wave. 

here in Italy (and especially in Milan) the situation is officially out of control...

15k+ cases in the Country, 4k+ cases only in Lombardy, almost 2k in Milan province and around 800 within the city boundaries...

ICU and covid hospitals' places are starting to get filled to capacity...

partial lockdowns have been put in place today in many regions...

I don't really know how we can resist the whole winter under such pressure on the healthcare system and on our minds...:cry:

if only I could afford to travel to New Zealand, I'd go there immediately...:hairpull:

And we "reached" another milestone, more than 10k cases in one day and second time with more than 130 deaths :cry: 

Tomorrow will be weekly press conference of Prime Ministry and Head of Ministry of Health about new restrictions and so on.

The Army forces are moving to the northern counties where the state will perform from tomorrows morning the pilot phase of the nationwide testing.

Nxv65pjqTfeEK9D6xRz6cw~Spr-va-t-tnch-hmo

4XHfUrn6TLi4FGnPIB12zg~Spr-va-t-tnch-hmo

This morning also a plane from :KOR landed with the first portion of tests intended for next week's nationwide 1st testing. The other portions will arrive during this week. In total it is 13.000.000 tests the country bought for this biggest operation in the history of Slovakia.

bwSAcCdrSLTc5fCGEvo4gQ.2560~Lietadlo-s-a

6608560_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6608569_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

20 hours ago, rybak said:

And we "reached" another milestone, more than 10k cases in one day and second time with more than 130 deaths :cry: 

Tomorrow will be weekly press conference of Prime Ministry and Head of Ministry of Health about new restrictions and so on.

More than 12k cases and 168 deaths today.

Press conference is postponed for tomorrow due very long deliberations in the Sejm about adding some new points to anti-covid law.

and I forgot to add, from Saturday until the 1st official testing finish, so until Sunday 1st Nov. We will be in a mild-lockdown.

The exception from the curfew being from 1 AM to 5 AM ! Because, obviously even vampyres has to eat :lol:  I swear, sometimes I think I´m living in Matrix

https://spectator.sme.sk/c/22516817/curfew-and-closed-schools-slovakia-goes-into-a-mild-lockdown-this-weekend.html

20 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and I forgot to add, from Saturday until the 1st official testing finish, so until Sunday 1st Nov. We will be in a mild-lockdown.

The exception from the curfew being from 1 AM to 5 AM ! Because, obviously even vampyres has to eat :lol:  I swear, sometimes I think I´m living in Matrix

https://spectator.sme.sk/c/22516817/curfew-and-closed-schools-slovakia-goes-into-a-mild-lockdown-this-weekend.html

There are/will be curfews in many French cities, in Belgium, some parts of Germany, Slovenia, entrie Cyprus and big cities in Greece from this what I read, so :d 

10 hours ago, rybak said:

There are/will be curfews in many French cities, in Belgium, some parts of Germany, Slovenia, entrie Cyprus and big cities in Greece from this what I read, so :d 

in many Italian regions (soon to be the entire Nation), too...

right now, here in Lombardy we have a 11 p.m. through 5 a.m. curfew (with very few exceptions/excuses)...

we also put in place once again the (partial) online studies for high schools and universities and some office jobs (trying to cut the pressure on the public transports, which are one of the main vectors of this new covid wave)...

also the big malls have been shut down during the weekend (except for the food shops and pharmacies inside them)...

this is the situation until at least November 13th, but we expect the national government to take even stricter measures by the end of the week, if the new cases (especially those leading people to ICUs) continue to rise at the current pace in the next 3/4 days...