website statistics
Jump to content

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic


Recommended Posts

Just now, dcro said:

 

Or you could just start attending independent cinemas instead  :p

Yeah, but they don't show the LOTR trilogy (in extended version), for which both my dad and I have waited years for it to be in a cinema here :p

 

Part 1 tonight, part 2 next week and part 3 most likely the week after that.

  • Wow! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately I got infected through my roommate who came back from Austria about 1,5 week ago after the town he visited got quarantined due to a Corona outbreak. He and all of his friends he went on

They are not numbers. They are people with family and lovers and so many vivid stories sharing with the world. It reminds me of the stories I read about Wuhan people. They are only numbers on news but

Sorry if this was posted earlier, I did not check. The perfect sport for the pandemic is fencing. You wear mask and gloves, and if someone comes closer than 1,5 meter to you, you stab them.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They could keep the current cinema rules forever, nobody on the two seats left, the two seats right and two seats diagonally in both sides and both back and front are kept empty as well. Masks on until you're at your seat, which as far as I can see is listened to well. Excellent. 

That's like almost every theater experience for me pre-COVID, and I have attended a LOT of screenings over the years, both in art house cinemas and regular large ones, in large cities like Budapest and Vienna. Like, the only screenings where strangers were sitting next to me were on the opening weekends of mega blockbusters like the Marvel movies, or special events like film festivals or pre-release screenings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Active Cases have decreased by over 2 lakh from 10.17 to less than 8.Kerala ,Karnataka, West Bengal and Maharashtra are the 4 worrying states . Luckily , here the rainy season has finally ended and temperatures are 26-32C daily. So must be fine with no real winter season as such at least until mid January.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The PM announced today that

 

During next 2 weekends the country will perform a full population testing. The whole population of Slovakia should be tested in their respective Voting rooms (5997 voting stations of the country) during two consecutive weekends

 

The testing will be free of charge and available to everybody who in the territory of Slovakia at the time of testing. https://spectator.sme.sk/c/22512665/the-state-prepares-across-the-board-coronavirus-testing.html

More info tomorrow

  • Wow! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

The PM announced today that

 

During next 2 weekends the country will perform a full population testing. The whole population of Slovakia should be tested in their respective Voting rooms (5997 voting stations of the country) during two consecutive weekends

 

The testing will be free of charge and available to everybody who in the territory of Slovakia at the time of testing. https://spectator.sme.sk/c/22512665/the-state-prepares-across-the-board-coronavirus-testing.html

More info tomorrow

Nice idea, I would be happy if my country could do the same...

Link to post
Share on other sites

That should be fun to follow. 200k daily cases, WR for Slovakia... Or maybe just 5k, proving that asymptomatic cases are really not that common?

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dcro said:

That should be fun to follow. 200k daily cases, WR for Slovakia... Or maybe just 5k, proving that asymptomatic cases are really not that common?

They should do an antibody test on everyone. That way they’d know what percentage of the population has had Covid-19. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

They should do an antibody test on everyone. That way they’d know what percentage of the population has had Covid-19. 

That's fine and dandy for small countries or in case of bigger ones, countries like China or something (you know, 'get your test or lose your life' or something), but in most places it's just not the most feasible thing to do. Of course there would be an easy solution: everyone has to quite literally stay in place for two weeks without meeting anyone and the whole thing would be done, but that's obviously not possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

That's fine and dandy for small countries or in case of bigger ones, countries like China or something (you know, 'get your test or lose your life' or something), but in most places it's just not the most feasible thing to do. Of course there would be an easy solution: everyone has to quite literally stay in place for two weeks without meeting anyone and the whole thing would be done, but that's obviously not possible.

That could have been done in January. :p Also, if China were able to keep it inside their borders.

 

For a country which claims to have fewer confirmed cases than Panama, Portugal and Belarus (despite having 1.5 billion people), it sure is interesting how they weren't able to prevent it from becoming a pandemic. :whistle:

 

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile some more facemask research being done, this time by the Delft University. The results are....not promising: only a medical KN95 mask is tested as 'good' and those are specifically mentioned by the government as things people should not buy (the rules specifically state people should wear non-medical masks).

 

The regular masks one buys were tested very poorly and the homemade things from bedsheets or clothes or something aren't even worthy of being called 'poor'. So yes, false sense of security coming in, while distance - as always  - remains the only effective way to stop the spread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...